"Cooking again Mimi?" Personal Page by AngMimi

Nasi kunyit & Gulai Ayam

Yellow Glutinious Rice and Chicken Curry
Whats so special of Nasi Kunyit and Gulai Ayam? Well, you can only eat it on special occasion like Baby's First Moon Celebrations, Malay's majlis kesyukuran, as offering to Roadside Datuk Kong and sometimes for malay's wedding kenduri.

But nowadays, you can eat it almost everyday, just buy and eat, dont have to cook it anymore..but I still love to cook my own..Call me fussy eater...:-))

Murtabak Jala (Lacy Murtabak)

Easy murtabak using lacy pancakes to cook with the fillings of beaten eggs, chicken meat, onions, curry powder, cumin, black pepper, then eat with pickle onion..Simply heaven..and its beautiful too..

Bubur Kacang hijau (Mung bean porridge)

Another favourite, mung bean porridge, prepared with mung beans, sugar, water, screwpine leaves (for the smell), sago, sweet corn kernel and coconut milk..Simply delicious, must have at least 2 bowls to satisfy your sweet tooth.. ;-))

Indian Chapatis

Indian Chapatis made by Chinese, that is me..
I learnt making Chapatis from good friends of mine...there are secret on how to make the chapatis soft even after a few hours...I have eaten some from Mamak shop, ooops..they are hard and tough like my japanese slipper, sorry..

Chapatis are very healthy cos they are made of whole meal flour, a bit of salt and real hot boiling water...mixed all into a dough, and close it with a damp cloth for 1 hour, then can start rolling each balls into what >>>>oops, i dont know the word for it..then fry them in a nonstick pan, the most interesting part, when you see the chapati get puff up...that means you have make the chapatis succesfully.. Should see the first time, I make...the shape goes like Australia, Sri Lanka or like penang island..;-))

Cucur Udang (Prawns and vege fritters)

Cucur Udang is the most simple kuih (cakes) everyone can make, even my nephew can make cucur udang himself.. The beauty of this kuih, you need the batter and you just throw in any vegetables (like sweet corn kernel, onion, beans, carrot, bean sprouts and just anything you can find in the fridge and fresh prawns..mixed and deep dry until golden brown..dip in some chilli sauce, yummmmmmy..a favourite of my family and office friends..

I have tried mixed with bacon, onion, carrot and crabstick.. wow, wonderful to eat tho unhealthy..;-))

Lobak and Hae Chee

Chinese sausage and crispy prawns fritters
Another famous street food in Penang..

Creampuff

Make some for my friend's Birthday..

Bak Chang (Chinese dumplings)

Every year, the Chinese community all over the world celebrate the Rice Dumpling Festival or Dragon Boat Festival, which falls on the fifth day of the fifth month of lunar calender.

The tradisional event pays homage to celebrated poet Ou Yuan who fought for the people of China during the war...but we at home will fought to eat this delicious bak chang..

My mum's bak chang was the best, im lucky to be able to learn from her the skill to make the bak chang and we all at home can still savour this delicious bak chang which tasted so much like my mum's.

• Page Updated Feb 7, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!