"Cooking again Mimi?" Personal Page by AngMimi
Yellow Glutinious Rice and Chicken Curry
Whats so special of Nasi Kunyit and Gulai Ayam? Well, you can only eat it on special occasion like Baby's First Moon Celebrations, Malay's majlis kesyukuran, as offering to Roadside Datuk Kong and sometimes for malay's wedding kenduri.
But nowadays, you can eat it almost everyday, just buy and eat, dont have to cook it anymore..but I still love to cook my own..Call me fussy eater...:-))
Easy murtabak using lacy pancakes to cook with the fillings of beaten eggs, chicken meat, onions, curry powder, cumin, black pepper, then eat with pickle onion..Simply heaven..and its beautiful too..
Another favourite, mung bean porridge, prepared with mung beans, sugar, water, screwpine leaves (for the smell), sago, sweet corn kernel and coconut milk..Simply delicious, must have at least 2 bowls to satisfy your sweet tooth.. ;-))
Indian Chapatis made by Chinese, that is me..
I learnt making Chapatis from good friends of mine...there are secret on how to make the chapatis soft even after a few hours...I have eaten some from Mamak shop, ooops..they are hard and tough like my japanese slipper, sorry..
Chapatis are very healthy cos they are made of whole meal flour, a bit of salt and real hot boiling water...mixed all into a dough, and close it with a damp cloth for 1 hour, then can start rolling each balls into what >>>>oops, i dont know the word for it..then fry them in a nonstick pan, the most interesting part, when you see the chapati get puff up...that means you have make the chapatis succesfully.. Should see the first time, I make...the shape goes like Australia, Sri Lanka or like penang island..;-))
Cucur Udang is the most simple kuih (cakes) everyone can make, even my nephew can make cucur udang himself.. The beauty of this kuih, you need the batter and you just throw in any vegetables (like sweet corn kernel, onion, beans, carrot, bean sprouts and just anything you can find in the fridge and fresh prawns..mixed and deep dry until golden brown..dip in some chilli sauce, yummmmmmy..a favourite of my family and office friends..
I have tried mixed with bacon, onion, carrot and crabstick.. wow, wonderful to eat tho unhealthy..;-))
Make some for my friend's Birthday..
Every year, the Chinese community all over the world celebrate the Rice Dumpling Festival or Dragon Boat Festival, which falls on the fifth day of the fifth month of lunar calender.
The tradisional event pays homage to celebrated poet Ou Yuan who fought for the people of China during the war...but we at home will fought to eat this delicious bak chang..
My mum's bak chang was the best, im lucky to be able to learn from her the skill to make the bak chang and we all at home can still savour this delicious bak chang which tasted so much like my mum's.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 335 Reviews
- 1,912 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Commented on AngMimi's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Friends... :-))"
- created a Pulau Langkawi Travelogue "Oriental Village"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oriental Village"
- Wrote a Review Ride the Duck Boat in Pulau Langkawi Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Medan Forum "Re: North Sumatra"
- AngMimi and DennyP are now friends.
- Commented on the Where to find cheap tasty food ?, Penang travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos