"Paris VT Meet Sept.2011. (1)" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Travelogue by pfsmalo
Paris Travel Guide: 22,881 reviews and 56,906 photos
After a first evening relatively quiet, spent with Ann and Howard, Steve, Isa, Pieter and Swanette, Francesca a few litres of white wine, a couple of red and ourselves at an Italian restaurant in the Latin Quarter on the Thursday evening, things livened up on Friday with a large arrival for the picnic close by the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Gillybob promptly lifted her skirt, while us men demurely looked away and showed off the brilliant tattoo seen here on the first photo. No worries people, the tattoo is on her ankle, so we did get a look...After the handing out of much swag by Gilly, Diana got into the act handing around tons of Dutch waffles and then Sonja came out with bars of Toblerone chocolate. Well what else do you do when you have a VT pseudo like "Yumyum" ?
After having moved away from the main garden to sit near the old St. Julien-le-Pauvre church, sandwiches were munched, corks were pulled, cans and bottles were gradually emptied as people moved around introducing themselves and making new friends. As this was my first big meet I was pleasantly astonished at the ease with which everybody mingled and chatted. I know that most of them are hardened to these meets, but it was a nice feeling all the same.
Group photo (standing) Sonja(yumyum), Birgit(bijo69), Pieter(pj), Swanette(Pieter's wife), Ed(Kaspian), Sue(suvanki), Don, partially hidden(nemorino),Isa(belsaita), Steve(stevemt), Francesca(forestqueennyc), Ann(aussierose), Catherine(my wife).
(sitting) Alyson(alyf1961), Gillian(gillybob), Diana(Dila) and with his camera in front of his nose, Howard(Ann's husband).
This is Sonja with EuroBarney pulling a face at Ann who is singing "Our Barney is better than your Barney, nahnah!!!" , whilst walking across the Ile St. Louis. I never got a photo of AussieBarney, as Ann steadfastly refused to remove him from her bag, frightened the damp would make his wool uncurl and his bush-hat to droop.
s can be imagined, after much imbibing and a couple of hours traipsing through the Latin Quarter and parts of the Marais, a much needed pit-stop for a leak was in urgent need. After asking the man in the booth at the Hôtel de Sens we were allowed in for a free "pipi" and needless to say much photo-taking in the courtyard of one of only three medieval buildings left standing in Paris.
Alyson, Birgit, Catherine and Diana pulling faces after their turn.
- See All Rue Le Goff, 5th.
- See All Opera Garnier IV, 9th.
- See All La petite ceinture.
- See All Paris 75020, WC's, toilets and...
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 407 Reviews
- 1,572 Photos
- 1,451 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (183)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on one of pfsmalo's Paris tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Montmartre Cemetery, 18th. II."
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- Wrote a Review Rue Le Goff, 5th. in Paris Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue