"Temple of Heaven" Beijing Travelogue by jpud99930
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,610 reviews and 16,777 photos
While visiting the Temple a young couple were getting their photo's taken. I was under the impression that red was the color for the bride and not white.
This view is from the Temple looking south. Many of the sites in Beijing run in a North and South layout. We came in from the Pearl Market entrance which is on the East side.
These covered walks is so that Royalty wouldn't get wet if it rained and for shade. This is looking East from the Temple itself.
This means that Royalty lives here or uses this Temple. As I've mentioned before, the more statues that are on the roof means higher in stature in society you are.
These are the main doors to enter the courtyard. Only royalty goes through these doors.
This is the Temple itself. It's made of wood and is decorated extremely well. Has been hit by lightning a few times.
Here's a view of inside the Temple.
Looking up at the Temple. Most structures are built up so that they could collect rain water from all the gargoyes below. There's no pots now with modern water systems.
jpud99930's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 4 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (61)
Videos in BeijingSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 6 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 10 reviews, 56 photos, 6 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 61 photos, 6 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lugano Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- California 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santiago Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winnipeg Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- England Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues