"VT-meeting: September 8. Early Comers" Paris Travelogue by pieter_jan_v
Paris Travel Guide: 22,779 reviews and 56,523 photos
This was the first of a series of Paris meetings with a history. Original the meetings were set up at some unique Paris locations, but unfortunally cancelled. Nonetheless Ann and Howard had Paris on their list, so alternative meetings were set.
First Ed kicked in, who just wanted to have a beer with whoever was around. Beer is very popular in our ranks, so his pub invations soon became so attractive, that some bars /restaurants could not fit the would be attendees.
Then Paul organised a couple of picnics and walks.
Steve called for a dinner, but once again the selected restaurant had limited seating, so soon there were more applications than could be honoured.
At least Francesca organised her first meeting for the early birds.
And let's not forget Gilly who somehow glued it all together and brought all the VT-goodies!
The following members showed up at one of more of the meetings:
alyf1961; Alyson from Leeds
AussieBarney, Barney - The V.T. Mascot from Australia
aussirose, Ann & Howard from Perth
Belsaita; Isa from Barcelona
Bernd_L; Bernd from
bijo69; Birgit from Berlin
BorneoGrrl; Valerie from Malaysia
brooklyned; Ed from Brooklyn
cnango; Nancy & Jeff from San Clemente
Dabs;+ Kristi & David from Chicago
davesut; David from Manchester
dila; Diana from Amsterdam
EuroBarney; Barney - The V.T. Mascot from Europe
ForestqueenNYC; Francesca from Paris
GenXVoice; Kiki & ? from Lakeland
Gillybob; Gillian from Manchester
jacquesrenaud; Jacques from Paris
Kaspian; Ed + ? from North Bay
KShezz; Kirsty + ? from Tongeren
longsanborn; Helena from Vienna
Marl67; Marlies from Hoogstraten
MATIM Ilse from Gilze
Nemorino; Don from Frankfurt am Main
Penelope4; Penelope from Vienna
pfsmalo; Paul & Catherine from La Gouesnière
pieter_jan_v, Pieter Jan & Swanèt from Hengelo
Slapshot1; Greg & Lilly from Glendora
stevemt Steve from Brisbane
suvanki; Sue from Sheffield
toonsarah - Sarah from Ealing
VonDutch; Maaike from Gilze
yumyum; Sonja from Zürich
ZenithX; Grace from Melbourne
Swanèt and I started with the early bird meeting at Les Jardins du Luxembourg.
We found Francesca en Steve at the terras of Le Pavillon de la Fontaine.
We joint them with a glass of white wine.
A bit later Isa joined the group.
As it was rather chilly that day (so much for the promised warm afternoon sun), Francesca went home to get a jacket and the rest started to move, before our legs were froozen.
Funny how fallen chestnuts sometimes spontaneous form a readable text :)
Swanèt is amongst many things, a specialist on Statues of Liberty.
So, we set out to find one SoL amongst the 80 other statues in the park.
Even locals, who played tennis for 20 years in the park, did not know that the statue was so close to their playground.
Another mission accomplished!
More Travelogues (22)
- See All Beggars and homeless people
- See All Second Hand Records
- See All At Place du Trocadéro
- See All Statues at Place du Trocadéro
- See All Musée National de la Marine
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 140 Reviews
- 622 Photos
- 126 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (300)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "This will be the last time ......."
- updated a Paris Travelogue "Paris reflected on record covers"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Paris reflected on record covers"
- Commented on one of Usctwin's Paris tips
- Wrote a Review Beggars and homeless people about Beggars & Aggressive Vendors in Paris Warnings and Dangers
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (622)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1978 photos, 40 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 223 reviews, 725 photos, 19 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 202 reviews, 554 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 476 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues