"My travels from July 2011 - February 2012" Personal Page by spidermiss
I spent the first weekend in July in London. The main reason was to see a particular actor in Phantom of the Opera and it was a great night especially meeting him and some of the cast in person.
I spent a weekend visiting my Aunty and Uncle in Uiverston, in the Lake District, and also visited Manchester. We spent a day exploring the Lake District, stopping at Cockermouth, Windermere and having dinner in Barrow. On the Sunday I had a wander around Ulverston, town famed for Laurel and Hardy, before returning home.
The final weekend was, again, spent in London where I celebrated my birthday. I did a fair bit of sightseeing including trips out to Kew Gardens and Chiswick House and Gardens. I also celebrated and reflected with friends where we had drinks, dinners and seeing musicals. In all it was a great weekend and probably the best birthday I ever celebrated!
I did a couple of day trips to York and Sheffield. In York I visited the Castle Museum and saw 'Legally Blonde' at York's Grand Opera House. I met up with Sue (Suvanki) in Sheffield where we did The Norfolk Heritage Trail.
Mum and I went down to London where we saw 'Love Never Dies' and visited Gunnersbury Park in West London (unfortunately we had heavy rain whilst at the park). A week later I spent the Bank Holiday weekend with my friends where I saw shows and I did somesighting including a trip across to Ealing where I visited Pitzhanger Manor.
September was a quiet month because of a lack of finances. However, part of the Heritage Open Days, I joined a guided walk, arranged by Leeds Civic Trust, and we visited Holbeck which was the main hub for activity during the Industrial Revolution in the 18th and 19th Century.
I went down to London at the end of September to celebrate the Phantom of the Opera's 25th Anniversary!
The first weekend was spent in a hot and sunny London! I saw the Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary at the Royal Albert Hall. It was amazing to be part of something amazing! Other than Phantom 25, I saw 'The Wizard of Oz' at The London Palladium and did some sightseeing.
I also visited Northallerton where I met up with a friend and we spent the day in the North Yorkshire Market Town. The following weekend, I went across to Manchester for two days where I went to a concert and took the opportunity to make side trips to the Salford Quays and Liverpool.
I had a busy month of travels in November.
I visited Plymouth for the very first time where I saw a concert at The Pavilions. Despite the very long train journey I thorough enjoyed my short but sweet visit in the maritime city and look forward to returnng in March.
Of course, there was Gillybob's Manchester Christmas Markets Meet and was great as usual. It was fun spending the day with fellow VTers:D The following day, I took a friend around the Leeds Christmas Markets and enjoyed the German sausages and mulled wine:D
I started this month by making my final trip for 2011 to London. I saw "Tosca" at The London Colliseum. I did a backstage door at The Royal Opera House and also a historical experience tour at Benjamin Franklin's House.
This more or less rounds up my travels (except a family visit) for 2011 and there are many more planned in 2012 even if I don't plan to go abroad.
Best wishes for the festive season and happy travels for 2012xxx
Happy New Year!
January was a quiet month. I hadn't been well at the beginning of the month but I was able to make a couple of day trips.
I spent one Saturday in Bradford where I took trips to its districts and visited Bolling Hall and Bradford Industrial Musuem. It was an enjoyable day and nice to learn about Bradford's fascinating history.
I made a day trip to London at the end of the month where I met up with friends and we got day tickets to see "Wicked", the musical. We had a great time at the show and it was nice enjoying one another's company.
Despite the personal issues that are happening in my life at the moment I've managed to do a little bit of travelling. I held my very first VT Meet (first ever one for Leeds) on the 18th February and I can confidently say it was a success! There was a nice number of us and we had fun doing the Leeds Owl! I've decided to host another one at the end of October where I'll plan more fun things for us to do!
I made a last minute spontaneous trip to Carnforth in North Lancashire. As the weather was miserable, time was spent keeping warm at the station's interesting visitors centre!
More Personal Pages (12)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,226 Reviews
- 5,128 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 142 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
- created a Leeds Travelogue "Winter Solstice Walk at Temple Newsam, Leeds"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Winter Solstice Walk at Temple Newsam, Leeds"
updated their Profile Page "An Introduction"
- Wrote a Review Love their Hot Chocolate! in Leeds Restaurants
- Commented on one of spidermiss's London tips
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Overnight acommodation at..."
- spidermiss and heydelin are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to El Calafate
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 124 reviews, 602 photos, 25 travelogues
- London Intro, 124 reviews, 497 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15666 Reviews - 31356 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 897 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3730 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12025 Reviews - 26772 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos