"My travels from July 2011 - February 2012" Personal Page by spidermiss
I spent the first weekend in July in London. The main reason was to see a particular actor in Phantom of the Opera and it was a great night especially meeting him and some of the cast in person.
I spent a weekend visiting my Aunty and Uncle in Uiverston, in the Lake District, and also visited Manchester. We spent a day exploring the Lake District, stopping at Cockermouth, Windermere and having dinner in Barrow. On the Sunday I had a wander around Ulverston, town famed for Laurel and Hardy, before returning home.
The final weekend was, again, spent in London where I celebrated my birthday. I did a fair bit of sightseeing including trips out to Kew Gardens and Chiswick House and Gardens. I also celebrated and reflected with friends where we had drinks, dinners and seeing musicals. In all it was a great weekend and probably the best birthday I ever celebrated!
I did a couple of day trips to York and Sheffield. In York I visited the Castle Museum and saw 'Legally Blonde' at York's Grand Opera House. I met up with Sue (Suvanki) in Sheffield where we did The Norfolk Heritage Trail.
Mum and I went down to London where we saw 'Love Never Dies' and visited Gunnersbury Park in West London (unfortunately we had heavy rain whilst at the park). A week later I spent the Bank Holiday weekend with my friends where I saw shows and I did somesighting including a trip across to Ealing where I visited Pitzhanger Manor.
September was a quiet month because of a lack of finances. However, part of the Heritage Open Days, I joined a guided walk, arranged by Leeds Civic Trust, and we visited Holbeck which was the main hub for activity during the Industrial Revolution in the 18th and 19th Century.
I went down to London at the end of September to celebrate the Phantom of the Opera's 25th Anniversary!
The first weekend was spent in a hot and sunny London! I saw the Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary at the Royal Albert Hall. It was amazing to be part of something amazing! Other than Phantom 25, I saw 'The Wizard of Oz' at The London Palladium and did some sightseeing.
I also visited Northallerton where I met up with a friend and we spent the day in the North Yorkshire Market Town. The following weekend, I went across to Manchester for two days where I went to a concert and took the opportunity to make side trips to the Salford Quays and Liverpool.
I had a busy month of travels in November.
I visited Plymouth for the very first time where I saw a concert at The Pavilions. Despite the very long train journey I thorough enjoyed my short but sweet visit in the maritime city and look forward to returnng in March.
Of course, there was Gillybob's Manchester Christmas Markets Meet and was great as usual. It was fun spending the day with fellow VTers:D The following day, I took a friend around the Leeds Christmas Markets and enjoyed the German sausages and mulled wine:D
I started this month by making my final trip for 2011 to London. I saw "Tosca" at The London Colliseum. I did a backstage door at The Royal Opera House and also a historical experience tour at Benjamin Franklin's House.
This more or less rounds up my travels (except a family visit) for 2011 and there are many more planned in 2012 even if I don't plan to go abroad.
Best wishes for the festive season and happy travels for 2012xxx
Happy New Year!
January was a quiet month. I hadn't been well at the beginning of the month but I was able to make a couple of day trips.
I spent one Saturday in Bradford where I took trips to its districts and visited Bolling Hall and Bradford Industrial Musuem. It was an enjoyable day and nice to learn about Bradford's fascinating history.
I made a day trip to London at the end of the month where I met up with friends and we got day tickets to see "Wicked", the musical. We had a great time at the show and it was nice enjoying one another's company.
Despite the personal issues that are happening in my life at the moment I've managed to do a little bit of travelling. I held my very first VT Meet (first ever one for Leeds) on the 18th February and I can confidently say it was a success! There was a nice number of us and we had fun doing the Leeds Owl! I've decided to host another one at the end of October where I'll plan more fun things for us to do!
I made a last minute spontaneous trip to Carnforth in North Lancashire. As the weather was miserable, time was spent keeping warm at the station's interesting visitors centre!
More Personal Pages (11)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,169 Reviews
- 4,842 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 140 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
updated their Profile Page "An Introduction"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Cardiff Story & Information Centre"
- updated a Birmingham Travelogue "Matthew Boulton's Birmingham"
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Pucón travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Light in Leeds Shopping
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Overnight acommodation at..."
- spidermiss and heydelin are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to El Calafate
PhotosSee All Photos (4842)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 109 reviews, 517 photos, 19 travelogues
- London Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 7 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 46 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bristol Intro, 25 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos