"Paris in the spring, almost" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Travelogue by Nemorino
Paris Travel Guide: 22,707 reviews and 56,112 photos
Since it was the middle of February I was prepared for snow, slush, sleet, gale-force winds and freezing temperatures, but in fact it was dry and frost-free the entire time, and on my last day we had brilliant sunshine and temperature readings from 17° C. at noon up to 20° C. a couple hours later, as shown on the green-cross signs of the pharmacies.
So I kept changing Velib' bikes every half hour and did a lot of cycling along the Seine and up into Passy, and then back to the East Station in time to catch my train back to Germany.
Following my visit to Paris in February 2011 I added nineteen new (at the time) tips to my Paris page:
Things to Do:
Champs-Élysées: It used to be even worse
Arc de Triomphe: The triumph of cars over people
Händel's Giulio Cesare at the Opéra Garnier
Opéra Garnier from the third level of box seats
Literary Paris : Théâtre de la Huchette
Literary Paris: Maison Victor Hugo
Literary Paris: Hugoffenbach at the Théâtre Musical Marsoulan
Passy: The house of Balzac
Literary Paris: Musée de la Vie Romantique
General Tips, now called Favorites:
Vélib' after three and a half years
Cycling in Paris
Local Customs: Les cadenas d'amour (love locks)
Hotels: Hotel Cosmotel: Adequate hotel in a run-down neighborhood
- See All Palace of Discovery (8th)
- See All Hôtel du Brésil (5th)
- See All Auteuil: Villa Montmorency (16th)
- See All Auteuil, Neuilly, Passy (rap BCBG)
- See All Auteuil: Indicateur d'itineraires
Nemorino's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 435 Reviews
- 1,849 Photos
- 311 Forum posts
- 304 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Copenhagen Forum "Re: Copenhagen card"
- updated a Paris Travel Page "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Wrote a Review Palace of Discovery (8th) about Palais de la Découverte in Paris Things to Do
- Commented on one of SallyM's Paris travel pages
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 435 reviews, 1848 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues