"Paris in the spring, almost" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Travelogue by Nemorino
Paris Travel Guide: 22,810 reviews and 56,532 photos
Since it was the middle of February I was prepared for snow, slush, sleet, gale-force winds and freezing temperatures, but in fact it was dry and frost-free the entire time, and on my last day we had brilliant sunshine and temperature readings from 17° C. at noon up to 20° C. a couple hours later, as shown on the green-cross signs of the pharmacies.
So I kept changing Velib' bikes every half hour and did a lot of cycling along the Seine and up into Passy, and then back to the East Station in time to catch my train back to Germany.
Following my visit to Paris in February 2011 I added nineteen new (at the time) tips to my Paris page:
Things to Do:
Champs-Élysées: It used to be even worse
Arc de Triomphe: The triumph of cars over people
Händel's Giulio Cesare at the Opéra Garnier
Opéra Garnier from the third level of box seats
Literary Paris : Théâtre de la Huchette
Literary Paris: Maison Victor Hugo
Literary Paris: Hugoffenbach at the Théâtre Musical Marsoulan
Passy: The house of Balzac
Literary Paris: Musée de la Vie Romantique
General Tips, now called Favorites:
Vélib' after three and a half years
Cycling in Paris
Local Customs: Les cadenas d'amour (love locks)
Hotels: Hotel Cosmotel: Adequate hotel in a run-down neighborhood
- See All The 2nd district (2e arrondissement)
- See All Richelieu-Louvois Library (2nd)
- See All What kind of a name is that?
- See All The Battle of the Somme, 1916
- See All Speed limits in Paris
Nemorino's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "JE SUIS CHARLIE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 400 Reviews
- 1,670 Photos
- 197 Forum posts
- 281 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (84)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Is it enough to buy a Paris..."
- updated a Paris Travel Page "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Paris tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
- Wrote a Review The 2nd district (2e arrondissement) in Paris Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 400 reviews, 1670 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues