"Whats cooking Mimi" Personal Page by AngMimi

Malaysian cuisines

Malaysian cuisines is one of the best food in the world. So if you are looking for the best Malaysian food, just come to see me..I would be glad to cook for you.

I love cooking since I was small, from playing "masak-masak (cooking)" till I upgrade to have my own kitchen. Cooking just come natural to me and to have great cook like my grandma, my aunt and esp my mum to teach me so many Nyonya and Baba's and other delicious dishes. Come and have a look in my cooking album.. Thank you.

Satay - Have anyone tried Satay before? its yummy...

Coconut candy

I simply love to cook and have pictures taken of my food. Not a great picture but look delicious..

This is Coconut Candy - very simple to make but too sweet .. If you have sweet tooth then you might like it.

Sushi @ home

I always like my food to be colourful..

Tong Yuan

I make Tong Yuan during winter solstice.
Do I have to be a year older if I have tong yuan?

Another Malaysian Favourite - Nasi Lemak

Its rice cooked with coconut milk, and served it with fried anchovies, some sambal, hard boiled eggs and some pieces of cucumber.

Mi Rebus

Since Malaysia is a multi-racial country, you can find each race have their own version of Mi rebus.

Nyonya cakes ~ Kuih Kosui

Kuih Kosui - simple nyonya cakes, served with some grated coconut.

Laksa

I like Laksa so much that I can eat it everyday.. try some.
We have so much varieties of Laksa in Malaysia, each country in Malaysia have their own Laksa eg Penang Assam Laksa, Laksa Kedah from Negeri Kedah, Laksa Johor from Negeri Johor, Laksam from Negeri Kelantan and the below picture is Laksa Siam from Thailand? hmmmm..

• Page Updated Jul 7, 2011

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Satay Ayum, a vivid reminder of my trip to KL way back in the mid 60's enjoying a Satay Party ;-)))

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Mimi...looking at your food photos makes me so hungry..next time that I am in Malaysia you must advise me on best places to eat.especially Laksa...Thanks for sharing these great photos and ideas..

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM

DennyP, I just cooked another version of Laksa, I ate in Medan, Indonesia last week called Laksa Medan. Hmm..how do I upload my picture here, well, I can't. Do you have Facebook?

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Guess Malaysia might be on a must visit - will you be my food guide ? ;-)))

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I be your food guide? No, why not I cook for you instead, home cooked food tastes better :-)))

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

too true, i too enjoy my times in fronto of the choppin block and wok, but planning is oft more challenging ;-p

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Man oh man Mimi, you must have some of the best food photos on VT. I am hungry now just looking at them. fergy.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I am hungry too, wanna share some of my Laksa? Anyway, thanks for your nice comments, Fergy.

• planxty's Profile Photo
      Dec 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I'd love to share your Laksa. In fact, I am considering stealing your lunchbox! fergy.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!