"Fun with Photoshop Elements 9" Personal Page by aussirose
I have just purchased Photoshop Elements 9 as I wanted to play with my photos and create unique pix.
I have in mind to use it with some of my Europe photos when we visit in a few months. I plan to make a few interesting shots of castles, the Eiffel Tower and Sahara desert.
So equipped with my new toy, here are my first creations :o)
Using layers with this one I chose to plastic wrap the background, and placed the real photo on top. Then I used the magic brush to bring the plastic wrap frangipanis to the foreground.
Quite proud of my first photoshop effect.
Ok, 2nd effort. I really like this one :o)
This was a photo of the birds and a duck at our local lake at Joondalup. I really like the duck so I wanted to focus on this part of the pic.
So I changed the foreground photo to Poster Edges to give the pic a fake look. Then I used the magic brush to colour in the duck and a few of the branches to bring out the real version from the real background pic.
Like it?... Me too :o)
Ok, now I'm kind of mastering this layer technique, let's try something different.
Here, I used a picture that hubby took of me Arnhem Land and placed another nice Kakadu scenery pic over the top and created a new layer.
Then using the Gradient tool and a lower percentage of opacity I brought out just me from the pic below then played with the brush tool alternating between the top and bottom pic to clear up the unwanted stuff.
End result.... a ghostly effect of me in Kakadu :o)
Ok, back to the plastic wrap. I really love that effect :o)
I chose an old pic of daughter Kelli when she had black and blonde hair and plastic wrapped the bottom pic.
And you guessed it.... using the magic brush on the top real pic, I coloured in Kelli and this plastic wrapped version appeared :o)
Ok, after googling something different I found photomerge. Mmmmm, interesting :o)
So, here I uploaded a simple photo of a couple of frangipanis and used photomerge style match and selected the orange glow sunset scene and transferred the orange tones.
Then erased the top frangipanis to reveal the real ones underneath.
My first black and white job with full colour flower :o)
This is the amazing Wreath flower found in the dessert regions north-east of Perth in wildflower season.
I added more pink tones to the original picture because it was a little washed out. Then created a black and white version on top and brought out the Wreath flower in it's full glory.
Nice hey :o)
More fun with black and white :o)
This is a fountain on the bottom floor of a shopping centre near Raffles in Singapore. This photo was pretty plain. But with a little help from photoshop I was able to create a lovely effect by just bringing out the colour in the surrounding shops.
Amazing what you can do with a little imagination....and believe me.... I really don't have a creative bone in my body haha :o)
This is one created by my 11yro son Jesse. I love it! :o)
After a few minutes of drawing a mistache and horns on his sister Janine and a few chuckles later.... Jesse decided to wrap her in plastic just like Kelli in the previous photo.
And with the help of the magic brush to bring out Janine's real face except for the plastic lips.......I love the result!!
Good one Jesse!! :o)
More Personal Pages (17)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“Latest Photo - Wine Glass reflection taken at The Brass Monkey Pub Northbridge, Perth.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 1 9 3
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 1 7 5
- 1,106 Reviews
- 5,120 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 1,106 Reviews
- 5,120 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 97 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
- aussirose and riorich55 are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Greetings from Portugal."
- Commented on one of aussirose's Daly Waters tips
updated their Personal Page "WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE BIG DONWUNDER 2013 VT MEET"
- Uploaded a Photo to "WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE BIG DONWUNDER 2013 VT MEET"
- updated a Katherine Travel Page "Katherine - Gorgeous Gorges!"
- Wrote a Review Pulau Ketam with Private Driver Patrick in Pulau Ketam Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Gent
PhotosSee All Photos (5120)
VideosSee All Videos (152)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 39 reviews, 226 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos