"Pictures of the Village" Weingarten Travelogue by Kathrin_E
Weingarten Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 171 photos
From the station you have to walk through extended 19th and 20th century residential quarters first. It takes about 15 minutes to reach the centre of the village. Bahnhofstraße (above) shows the typical architecture of those quarters.
The centre has a couple of half-timbered houses from the 17th and 18th century. The appearance is more that of a small town than a rural village.
The steeples of the two churches add a lot to the picturesque street views along Walzbach.
The May tree is still standing at the end of the month.
The crests on the 'branches' represent the craft guilds of the village.
The steeple of the catholic church is reflected in the clear water of Walzbach, the stream that runs through the village.
The terrace on the left belongs to the restaurant in Walk'sches Haus.
The importance this architecture expresses, and the crest above the portal, make me suspect that this house was the office and residence of a govenrment official.
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Weingarten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weingarten in Baden"
- "Weingarten - Beautiful Southern German City"
- "A Wombat in the Vineyard"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weingarten
- 15 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Weingarten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weingarten
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: I have a Nut Allergy, can..."
- Wrote a Review The Vintner Monument in Weingarten Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Vintner Monument"
- created a Weingarten Travelogue "Historical Houses in the Village"
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Weingarten travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Weingarten
Videos in WeingartenSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues