"Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River" Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Travelogue by karenincalifornia
Napa Travel Guide: 452 reviews and 1,305 photos
The Old Brazos Railroad Bridge is no longer used for trains (or anything for that matter), but it is an impressive sight. It dates back to 1905 and has the rotating train track.
Two angry geese were very upset that I invaded their territory on my SUP board. I wasn't sure if they were calling for reinforcements, but they sure were doing a helluva lot of honking.
There wasn't a lot of traffic on the river (Saturday morning). I saw 4 fishing boats, and for the most part, they will slow down when they approach you so as not to create a major wake, although I wouldn't have minded. I also saw two kayaks, and this rower going at a breakneck speed down the river. Check out his wake.
You saw the old train bridge. Here is the contrasting much newer Highway 12 overpass. I have to say, it is impressive from the water in its own way.
This old windmill on the shore of the Napa River was quite quaint.
Don't need those tiny windmills anymore. We've got those big huge transmission lines.
There's all kinds of sloughs all over, with side passages taking you into them. Best done at high tide.
Not that you are carrying one on your SUP. It was about here that I saw several signs telling me that I was on top of a PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) gas line and I should not drop an anchor. What a frightening picture if I had. Despite this dire warning, I enjoyed the beauty of the river. As I let my imagination run wild, I pictured, the African Queen just around the corner, or Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer approaching on a raft.
- See All Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River
- Annual River Festival in Napa
- See All Bowl full of mussels
- New meaning for the term "General Store"
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY"
- "Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!"
- "Napa Valley"
- "Napa: Gateway to America's Premier Wine Region"
- "Spectacular Napa!"
- "Wine... wine... and more wine!"
- "Napa Valley-Home of Great Wine and The CIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Napa
- Hotels in Napa
- Transportation in Napa
- Nightlife in Napa
- Restaurants in Napa
- Shopping in Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Napa
- 20 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Napa
- updated a Napa Travel Page "Napa Valley"
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Safest and most reliable way..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River"
- Wrote a Review Stand up paddle (SUP) on the Napa River about High Water Stand Up Paddle Napa Valley in Napa Things to Do
- Commented on one of Herkbert's Napa travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 53 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 43 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Todi Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Estado de Nayarit Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue