"Soviet Times Legacy" Kolyadovka Travelogue by hunterV
Kolyadovka Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 109 photos
There are four halls, among them two halls are dedicated to the Soviet history of Kolyadivka.
340 villagers went to the front during the Second World war, among them 228 people fell at the fronts and 192 were awarded with Soviet orders and medals.
In 1974 a war memorial was dedicated on the common grave of the Soviet soldiers and officers who had liberated the village from the Nazi invaders in January 1943.
Where else can you see such a strange combination: Comrade Lenin and the plough?
I liked the scene, found it rather symbolic and could not help taking a picture.
The plough is aimed at Lenin' bust and could pull it down with some help...
Nobody would mind if you took the plough and had a picture of youself taken.
This old Soviet school desk warmed my heart.
When I began attending school in 1967, I used to sit at the desk of the same design, but mine was brown I think.
Next time I visit the museum I will have to sit at the desk and ponder.
There are two folk instruments made by a local craftsman: a guitar and a balalaika.
The balalaika is unique for it has twelve strings.
The museum keeper said one visitor had tried to play it and even managed to produce some sounds.
There is a plaque with a familiar quotation at the museum wall.
The inscription reads,
This agricultural area is known for a big variety of its agricultural tools used by peasants within the last two or three centuries.
It's hard to know all their names and usage purposes.
I enjoyed the museum tour made by Olga, the museum keeper.
Thanks a lot!
I will come back some day!
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Old Houses
- See All Bathe in the River
- The River Yevsoog
- Village Store
- Necessary Things
- By Bus to Kolyadivka
- Local School Facilities
hunterV's Related Pages
Kolyadovka Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kolyadovka
- Hotels in Kolyadovka
- Transportation in Kolyadovka
- Nightlife in Kolyadovka
- Restaurants in Kolyadovka
- Shopping in Kolyadovka
- Warnings and Dangers in Kolyadovka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kolyadovka
- 18 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Kolyadovka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolyadovka
Photos in KolyadovkaSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 243 reviews, 1502 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues