"Dessert at Auberge du Soleil" Rutherford Travelogue by riorich55

Rutherford Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos

There is Always Room for Dessert

That has been my motto since childhood. Thank goodness I had a mom who didn't enforce the, "you must finish everything on your plate before you get dessert" rule. Especially when we had Lima Beans (I hated them then, but I like them now).

Anyway there were a choice of 7 desserts on the menu that evening and since we had the 4 course dinner they were already included with the price. The only really hard decision was of course only being able to select 2 of the 7. We opted not to have any cheese as we figured we could get some cheeses during our California adventures later in the week.

Dessert Creation #1

One of our choices of the evening was this concoction of interesting items. This is the only thing that I'm not sure I have right, but having reviewed the menu several times and looked at the picture I believe that this dessert was:

"Fairy Tale Pumpkin Custard, Caramelized Milk, Sweet Tooth Espresso Ice Cream, Nutmeg"

I'm pretty sure that those orange items on the plate were cumquats.

Dessert Creation #2

Our second choice was another tantalizing bite by bite experience which consisted of:

"Strawberries "Romanoff," Muscavado Ice Cream, Sour Cream Panna Cotta, Grand Marnier"

In conclusion, an expensive dinner, but when it is served in an outdoor setting overlooking a wine country valley with ones beautiful wife, it is all worth it and then some.

Until my next restaurant review (no they are not all this long winded) Chow!!

• Page Written Mar 29, 2011

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Rutherford

Have you been to Rutherford?