"Classroomtravels" Personal Page by AussieBarney

Who they are

AussieBarney thinks it is just wonderful to read about the travelling kids in Ireland. Australia definitely wants to see some of them over here one day.

Here are their details:

Real Name: 1st Class Abbeyside NS
Lives In: Dungarvan, Ireland

A bit more info

classroomtravels.

The teacher is VT member pure1942 by the name of Brian

Here is his reply on the forum:

"Hey guys,
Great to hear all this positive feedback on classroomtravels...to shed some light on the subject, I'm the teacher in question ;) Surprised and a little chuffed about the stir caused by the VT page.
We're only at the beginning stages of the page so it will take a while to get up and running but the kids and parents are really excited about it...it should be a great way to educate the kids on the world and how to use the web safely.
Thanks to all who have left comments on the page already, as you can probably imagine it's very difficult to keep up with all the comments and reply individually but we will get around to it once we get our initial information up.
As for Aussie Barney...I can safely say that you are the favourite of the kids pages so far. Looking forward to meeting all the barney family in the coming weeks.
Next up after the kids first round of memory tips will be a detailed page on Dungarvan, their home town and the history and natural attractions of the area.
Will keep ye posted.
Thanks for the positive comments...only VT would make a group of children so welcome so quickly.
Brian - pure1942

And to address any concerns over web safety, only I have access to the password and it is I who post the photos and tips after the children have written them on activity sheets and paper so there is pretty could control on the content. Also we do have an in-school filter system against inappropriate images and parents consent has been granted for children to post photos. Comments are checked daily before being read and shown to the kids and the children's full names, addresses and identity will not be shared. Thanks again for the support"

AussieBarney sent them a card

Here is the card about Australia Zoo ....we also sent one to show how big Australia is ....and they worked out how many times Ireland could fit in.

Oh and if you like my pretty writing that is thanks to aussirose in Perth. She is a co shepherd to help mind me if I get wild. I have been over to see her.

O'Barney 2011

And now the Class has a Barney all of their own. How good is that. He looks gorgeous in his outfit of green.

Classroom Travels 2012

Well the new Class is in and we have heard from them already.

• Page Updated Nov 8, 2011

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!