"Hamam al Basha - The Turkish Bath" Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Travelogue by gubbi1
Akko Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 541 photos
A very interesting site to visit is the Hamam al Basha, the Turkish Bath. Here you can visit the different rooms of the Hamam. To explain you the details of the bath and its history you will hear the story of the last bath attendant. This is a film of which parts are shown in the different parts of the Hamam. In my opinion the way the bath is presented is excellent.
The Hamam was built in 1795 by Jazzar Pasha who was the Acre governor and had a major influence to push the economical strength of the town.
This is the 'son' of the last bath attendant leading you through the fascinating past of this place in the context of the history of Acre.
The Hamam was not only a bath, but also served for the people to come together for a talk. Also barber were working here. The photo shows a room before the main Hamam. In this room could sit together to warm up and prepare for the very hot main room.
There are figures placed into the rooms in original size to give an idea how the life looked liked in the Hamam.
Peple had wooden shoes on when walking inside the Hamam.
The main hot room.
In this cooler room nowadays the sory starts which shows the visitors the story of the place.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Akko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Acco / Akko / Acre"
- "Akko (Acre)"
- "daytrip in ACRE"
- "Acre - A blend of history"
- "El Jazzar Mosque"
- "Old Acco (Acre) (Akko)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akko
- Hotels in Akko
- Transportation in Akko
- Restaurants in Akko
- Shopping in Akko
- Warnings and Dangers in Akko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Akko
- 11 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Akko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akko
Photos in AkkoSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues