"Templar tunnel" Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Travelogue by gubbi1
Akko Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 541 photos
The Templar tunnel in Acre leads from the Templar fortress to the port. It passes under the Pisan quarter and has a length of about 350 meters. Normally the tunnel would be below the sea, so filled with water, but there are nowadays pumpes installed which continuesly keep the tunnel empty. Walking through it you will hear the presence of water.
This tunnel is not part of the citadel, but you can buy a combined ticket for different sites in Acre of which one is this tunnel.
Lots of signs remember you to mind your head. I took a photo of me standing close to one of the signs and it is obvious that these signs are necessary.
This must be a part of the pumping system that keeps the tunnel dry.
Mind your head...
... you see that even me I am much taller.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Akko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Acco / Akko / Acre"
- "Akko (Acre)"
- "daytrip in ACRE"
- "Acre - A blend of history"
- "El Jazzar Mosque"
- "Old Acco (Acre) (Akko)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akko
- Hotels in Akko
- Transportation in Akko
- Restaurants in Akko
- Shopping in Akko
- Warnings and Dangers in Akko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Akko
- 11 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Akko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akko
Photos in AkkoSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues