"Where I Went 2002 - 2009" Personal Page by suvanki
Christmas 2009 Venice and Lido
Manchester Gillybobs Christmas Markets VT Meet.July/ August 2009 Dublin and Howth
Bilbao , Seville,
Santiago de Compostela For Bruce Springsteen concerts, plus sneaked in
San Lorenzo de Escorial for VT Meet. (My 6th VT Meet)
June 2009 Halifax for a Sunday lunch mini VT meet
May/June 2009 Portugal for VT Euromeet - my first Euromeet! A Great time in Cascais Lisbon Estoril Cabo da Roca Sintra and Evora
May 2009 London for Shah 'Abbas exhibition at the British Museum, (to meet Nasrin who organised my trip to Iran) and a mini VT meet with Diosh, Celia.q and Angiebabe -a picnic and stroll through Richmond Park and Richmond Notching up my 4th VT Meet!
April 2009 Bergamo Girls weekend away for Patsys 50th weekend celebration, with a day trip to Milan. Great time had by all!
March 2009 Dublin
Sutton and Howth for a lovely day. Left East Midlands airport 06.30 arrived back around 22.00hrs - £16 return including taxes etc.
February 2009 Birmingham for Destinations Travel Show and The Killers at LG Arena.
Treviso and Venice Another Great Christmas.
Manchester Gillybobs Christmas Markets VT Meet - and my 3rd VT meet
November 2008Cork Ekaterinburgs A Taste of Cork VT Meeting and Blarney My 2nd VT meet!
Bergamo - A Lovely Place!
Halifax- 'Fish Chips and Mushy Peas' My FIRST VT Meeting! We also visited Hebden Bridge and Sowerby Bridge for the Rushbearing Festival.
Then 6 of us had a day visiting Haworth , Bolton Abbey, Brimmam Rocks, and Knaresborough
Madrid - some sightseeing, and to see Springsteen play at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
My long awaited trip to IRAN 19 Fascinating days exploring this wonderful, welcoming country.
Venice Torcello , San Michele Murano
and to see Bruce Springsteen in concert (again!)
Padua and Lake Garda before returning to Venice, where I stayed on Sant Erasmo
Weekend in Valencia Celebrating Heather and Lous 40th.
Santiago de Compostela
October 2006- 4 nights in Granada - sightseeing plus seeing Bruce Springsteen play the Bullring - My 9th time of seeing 'The Boss' and I saw a bit of his sound check too!
August/Sept 2006- 2 weeks in Morocco including 8 day group tour of Marrakesh and the Sahara, where we visited Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou, Telouet. Tighza, Essaouira and Zagora Still recovering from the camels!!
March 2006- Another bargain break to Porto with my friend Joy, who I met in Kerala. Great City, Great Weather!
'Girls weekend break' 4 of us hit Oslo for a friends belated 40th celebration! Great fun in the snow!
Granada -just for 2 nights, but packed in plenty of sightseeing, and was also lucky enough to enjoy some of the festivities of the Festival of the Crucifixes
Celebrated my 45th B'day in Marrakesh, A Fascinating experience! and visited Essaouira, due to many recommendations from VTers!
After My Kerala holiday in January, the rest of my year was spent in the UK.
I had some great days out including Llama trekking around Saddleworth . I had a few short breaks including Whitby and Robin Hoods' Bay 2 of my all time favourite East Coast places. I also revisited Bristol for a meeting, and managed to spend a day in Bath, a place that I'd wanted to visit for a long time.
I finally got to Kerala, somewhere that had been at the top of my must see places list! It was well worth the wait!!! A magical place, and I made some good friends, during our 5 day Spice Tour, visiting Kovalam Trivandrum, Munnar, Periyar Sanctuaryand Cochin or Kochi
for 2 weeks, and Datca.
First visit to Symi for a week, which co incided with Greek Easter! Plus a day trip to Datca (Turkey)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,261 Reviews
- 8,589 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 144 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ooop North Camping Weekend"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Songs That Transcend..."
- Commented on Minceta's profile page
- Wrote a Review Visit the Town Hall in Skipton Things to Do
- updated a Skipton Travel Page "Skipton... Sceap Tun... Sheep Town"
updated their Profile Page "Getting itchy feet........"
- suvanki and Regina1965 are now friends.
- Commented on the Taddington travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Vilnius
Upcoming MeetingsSee All Meetings
VideosSee All Videos (126)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 621 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 155 reviews, 517 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos