"Where I Went 2002 - 2009" Personal Page by suvanki
Christmas 2009 Venice and Lido
Manchester Gillybobs Christmas Markets VT Meet.July/ August 2009 Dublin and Howth
Bilbao , Seville,
Santiago de Compostela For Bruce Springsteen concerts, plus sneaked in
San Lorenzo de Escorial for VT Meet. (My 6th VT Meet)
June 2009 Halifax for a Sunday lunch mini VT meet
May/June 2009 Portugal for VT Euromeet - my first Euromeet! A Great time in Cascais Lisbon Estoril Cabo da Roca Sintra and Evora
May 2009 London for Shah 'Abbas exhibition at the British Museum, (to meet Nasrin who organised my trip to Iran) and a mini VT meet with Diosh, Celia.q and Angiebabe -a picnic and stroll through Richmond Park and Richmond Notching up my 4th VT Meet!
April 2009 Bergamo Girls weekend away for Patsys 50th weekend celebration, with a day trip to Milan. Great time had by all!
March 2009 Dublin
Sutton and Howth for a lovely day. Left East Midlands airport 06.30 arrived back around 22.00hrs - £16 return including taxes etc.
February 2009 Birmingham for Destinations Travel Show and The Killers at LG Arena.
Treviso and Venice Another Great Christmas.
Manchester Gillybobs Christmas Markets VT Meet - and my 3rd VT meet
November 2008Cork Ekaterinburgs A Taste of Cork VT Meeting and Blarney My 2nd VT meet!
Bergamo - A Lovely Place!
Halifax- 'Fish Chips and Mushy Peas' My FIRST VT Meeting! We also visited Hebden Bridge and Sowerby Bridge for the Rushbearing Festival.
Then 6 of us had a day visiting Haworth , Bolton Abbey, Brimmam Rocks, and Knaresborough
Madrid - some sightseeing, and to see Springsteen play at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
My long awaited trip to IRAN 19 Fascinating days exploring this wonderful, welcoming country.
Venice Torcello , San Michele Murano
and to see Bruce Springsteen in concert (again!)
Padua and Lake Garda before returning to Venice, where I stayed on Sant Erasmo
Weekend in Valencia Celebrating Heather and Lous 40th.
Santiago de Compostela
October 2006- 4 nights in Granada - sightseeing plus seeing Bruce Springsteen play the Bullring - My 9th time of seeing 'The Boss' and I saw a bit of his sound check too!
August/Sept 2006- 2 weeks in Morocco including 8 day group tour of Marrakesh and the Sahara, where we visited Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou, Telouet. Tighza, Essaouira and Zagora Still recovering from the camels!!
March 2006- Another bargain break to Porto with my friend Joy, who I met in Kerala. Great City, Great Weather!
'Girls weekend break' 4 of us hit Oslo for a friends belated 40th celebration! Great fun in the snow!
Granada -just for 2 nights, but packed in plenty of sightseeing, and was also lucky enough to enjoy some of the festivities of the Festival of the Crucifixes
Celebrated my 45th B'day in Marrakesh, A Fascinating experience! and visited Essaouira, due to many recommendations from VTers!
After My Kerala holiday in January, the rest of my year was spent in the UK.
I had some great days out including Llama trekking around Saddleworth . I had a few short breaks including Whitby and Robin Hoods' Bay 2 of my all time favourite East Coast places. I also revisited Bristol for a meeting, and managed to spend a day in Bath, a place that I'd wanted to visit for a long time.
I finally got to Kerala, somewhere that had been at the top of my must see places list! It was well worth the wait!!! A magical place, and I made some good friends, during our 5 day Spice Tour, visiting Kovalam Trivandrum, Munnar, Periyar Sanctuaryand Cochin or Kochi
for 2 weeks, and Datca.
First visit to Symi for a week, which co incided with Greek Easter! Plus a day trip to Datca (Turkey)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,348 Reviews
- 9,170 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 154 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Are your friends, really your..."
- Wrote a Review Near to train station in Bergamo Hotels
- updated a Bergamo Travel Page "My Tale of Two Cities!"
- Commented on Roadquill's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spinningfields Christmas Market"
- suvanki and cottonstone are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Zadar
updated their Profile Page "Getting itchy feet........"
- Commented on the Taddington travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 157 reviews, 584 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 103 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos