"Bargala - Court, Prison Cell, Altar and Mortuarium" Stip Travelogue by Pijlmans
Stip Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 300 photos
Often, people who had to come to court were sentenced to death in Bargala.
This small room served as a prison cell
Who knows how many heads were cut off at this altar, or how many animals were sacrificed.
Notice the little canals that allow the blood to flow away!
Apparently, this is were the bodies of diseased people were stored. According to the guard who guided us, they used calcium oxide (quicklime) to accelerate the decay.
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Stip Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A day in Stip for tresure hunting"
- "Roman Astibo or modern day Shtip"
- "Stip: worth a Stop!"
- "Central city of eastern Macedonia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stip
- 44 Reviews
- 243 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Stip?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stip
- Posted in Travel Isla de Tenerife Forum "Re: weather in december in adeje"
- updated a Stip Travelogue "Bargala - Court, Prison Cell, Altar and Mortuarium"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bargala - Storage rooms"
- Wrote a Review Visit Vinica in Stip Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of MacedonianUK's Stip travel pages
Photos in StipSee All Photos (243)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 45 reviews, 105 photos