"Vilijampole: the wooden houses" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Travelogue by leics
Kaunas Travel Guide: 969 reviews and 1,712 photos
A grey, wet and chilly day for a long exploration........but it was worthwhile.
I loved the variety of wooden houses I saw in this residential district of Kaunas.....some broken-backed and clearly 'dying', others smart and well-kept-up. Some tiny one-level bungalows, some huge two (even three) storied.
I noticed that most had good modern double-glazed windows, even if the roofline was wobbly and the woodwork not well-kept. I suspect keeping draughts out is very important in a Lithuanian winter.
leics' Related Pages
Kaunas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, peaceful, quiet and old"
- "Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania"
- "Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city"
- "Really liked this place........"
- "Kaunas - Lithuanian capital in interwar period"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaunas
- Hotels in Kaunas
- Transportation in Kaunas
- Nightlife in Kaunas
- Restaurants in Kaunas
- Shopping in Kaunas
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaunas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaunas
- 35 Reviews
- 153 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (627)
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaunas
Photos in KaunasSee All Photos (153)
Videos in KaunasSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 234 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 222 photos, 9 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 36 reviews, 200 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 10 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 31 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 44 reviews, 155 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 62 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Haven Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 137 photos, 7 travelogues