"Latest Pictures On Kainan sa Palaisdaan sa Bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Travelogue by cyndymc
Province of Laguna Travel Guide: 383 reviews and 1,614 photos
We were surprised to see something new at the Kainan sa Palaisadaan. A statue of Mariang Makiling. She is believed to be a deity who used to help the poor people. The story goes that she reportedly gave them sacks of ginger or crops that turned into gold. After she was exploited by greedy men, she no longer made herself visible to the people. The magnificent Mt. Makiling is named after her.
Mariang Makiling and her animal-friends can be seen from the national highway.
Although there is a big dining hall, most of the diners prefer to stay in the native huts floating on the fishpond.
As I strolled in the garden, I was surprised to see a big image of Buddha sitting at the ledge of the man-made waterfalls. I personally think it is out of place in the native-inspired restaurant, but Buddha is considered a good luck charm, so that could be the reason for its presence there.
Too many floating huts were added, thus covering the nice view of my favorite structure. The place has become more humid, too. Maybe the additional huts are blocking the circulation of fresh air. I understand that they needed to expand to accommodate their growing number of diners, but personally, I'm not too happy with it.
- See All Los Banos Flower & Garden Show
- See All Always Fresh Cottage Cheese
- See All Horse To House or Market Delivery
cyndymc's Related Pages
Province of Laguna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND OF ABUNDANT NATURAL RESOURCES"
- "Laguna - Rich in Natural Resources and History"
- "The Nature Friendly New Metropolis"
- "MOUNT MAKILING"
- "Historic Province"
- "Resort Province of the Philippines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Laguna
- Hotels in Province of Laguna
- Transportation in Province of Laguna
- Nightlife in Province of Laguna
- Restaurants in Province of Laguna
- Shopping in Province of Laguna
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Laguna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Laguna
- 115 Reviews
- 466 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Province of Laguna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Laguna
- Posted in Travel Cagayan de Oro Forum "Re: Arm and hammer washing soda"
- Commented on one of cyndymc's Province of Laguna travel pages
- Wrote a Review Los Banos Flower & Garden Show in Province of Laguna Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Always Fresh Cottage Cheese"
- updated a Province of Laguna Travelogue "Latest Pictures On Kainan sa Palaisdaan sa Bay"
- Uploaded a Video to Province of Laguna
Videos in Province of LagunaSee All Videos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues