"Tropic Days -Best Backpackers in Cairns!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Travelogue by aussirose
Cairns Travel Guide: 867 reviews and 2,199 photos
Whilst the fellas were doing the hard slog hiking on Hinchinbrook Island, I was enjoying myself in Cairns, meeting fantastic people and enjoying all the fun times here!
I certainly recommend this place to stay in Cairns.
The art work on the walls was awesome!! Everywhere you looked the walls were painted with lovely Australian art work! :o)
Theme nights were fun! :o) We had all you can eat good old Aussie Pizza and XXX beer for $10! ...... Bargain!! :o)
Another night we had a bbq with croc, emu and barra on the menu and didge lessons for all! ...That was fun :o)
And games too! :o) Some lovely people I met bought out Yatzi and I won!! Yea :o)
Well there's nothing better after a hard day sightseeing than to cool off in the pool! ....and the Backpacker had one!..... and I thought backpackers was just a dorm room!!.. This was luxury!! :o)
And not only a pool, but a lovely garden setting too! :o)
Tropic Days is a little out of town, but they have a complimentary bus service at various times of the day and they also pick you up and drop you off at the airport for no added cost. I consider that total value for money!
Well I was sad to leave this place and I know that I will be back someday. Honestly, you couldn't get better service in the local hotel accommodation! ....So, ok.....I shared a room with a few other people...and shared the amenities.....but the service and the way we were all greeted personally.....gee I don't know how they remembered our names!!...with so many people coming & going!!.... Well I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Cairns!!
This lady started working for Tropic Days when I arrived....and she obviously fitted in well :o) What a lovely lively lady she was!! :o) You need to be the right sort of person to do the job.....and she just exerberated charm and friendliness!! .....and I know she will go along way.
It was said that the staff here are like one big family and I can see why! ....No wonder people come back to this accommodation regularly!
To the staff of Tropic Days!!...You have certainly won me over! ....and I will be back!! ;o) And to whoever reads this....you need to stay here too!! :)
- See All Savannah Way
- See All Cairns Central Shops
- See All Driver Revivor
- See All Beach Bar 'N Grill
aussirose's Related Pages
Cairns Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairns QLD more than a tourist city."
- "CAIRNS (PAGES UNDER CONSTRUCTION)"
- "Cairns - gateway to Far North Queensland"
- "Cairns - A Land of Contrast"
- "Cairns - more than the Great Barrier Reef"
- "Tropical North Queensland's landing strip...Cairns"
- "IMPREXXION: CAIRNS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairns
- Hotels in Cairns
- Transportation in Cairns
- Nightlife in Cairns
- Restaurants in Cairns
- Shopping in Cairns
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairns
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairns
- 27 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 42 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairns
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Cairns travel pages
- updated a Cairns Travel Page "Cairns - A Land of Contrast"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tropic Days -Best Backpackers in Cairns!!"
- Uploaded a Video to Cairns
- Wrote a Review Savannah Way in Cairns Off The Beaten Path
Photos in CairnsSee All Photos (96)
Videos in CairnsSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 41 reviews, 244 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 132 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 23 reviews, 127 photos, 11 travelogues