"Sara + NYC, a match made in travel heaven" New York City Travelogue by 850prc

New York City Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 31,545 photos

Ready for Rock and Roll

==================

Now, doesn't she look cool here? I couldn't talk her into buying this hat, which she tried on over at the Hard Rock Cafe. We were killing a little time before attending a Beatles Tribute concert over at BB King's Club on 42nd street

============================

OK, if you're starting to hum that Steve Martin song KING TUT, I understand. I hummed it all through our recent visit to the King Tut exhibit in NYC. This is, of course, a cheesy tourist shot, sold in the old gift shop at the exhibit.

Here's the funny part.... look, there we are "in" Egypt, dry dry Egypt. And there we all are in rain slickers, I'm even holding an umbrella. It kind of gives away the fact that we're not in north Africa, doesn't it?

========================

This is absolutely Sara in her element. Shopping, buying stuff. Thank God it doesn't have to be anything expensive, she likes tourist knick knacks as much as she likes jewelry or high fashion.

===============================

Sara in Times Square, with one of the dozens of giant TV screens there behind her. Kind of makes her look like she's about to get run over by that new car, doesn't it?

===============================

An underground shot of my Sara. This is in the subway station just across from the Museum of Natural History, Central Park West.

========================================

New York is the greatest city in the world, and you're always running into celebrities. One year, my wife and I met Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York. She must have figured me to be a bit light in the wallet, since she didn't offer me any access to the royal family at any price.

On our recent 2010 NYC visit, Sara ran into one of her idols, SpongeBob Squarepants. He was really a nice fellow, but isn't it almost always that way? The bigger star they are, the more down to earth and genuine they seem.

============================

Here's a shot of Sara, with her mother and my wife Bonnie. This was taken near the base of Lady Liberty, on Liberty Island in NY harbor.

==================================

Showtime.

Sara is ready to hit the town to see BILLY ELLIOTT, after drinks and a nice dinner. Drinks? She's finally 21, so she can "party" a bit with mom and dad. She's still small and is kind of a lightweight. More than two glasses of wine and she turns into Petula Clark - i.e. she sings in the subway.

• Page Updated Jun 9, 2010

Comments

850prc

“Proud visitor to all seven continents! Presently giving thought to the eternal question.... where to next? ”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?