"VT Meetings (9) May 2010 --till now" Hirakata Travelogue by AyurinHiro

Hirakata Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 45 photos

69) Osaka (Japan) VT Meeting : June 4 2011

Okonomiyaki Lunch Meeting :-)

...Jason(THLIN) from Taipei, Taiwan (He's currently living in Shenzhen, China).
...Jason's cousin Tao-jui from Taipei, Taiwan.
...Ayurin(AyurinHiro) and hubby Hiroyuki and our baby Miyuka from Osaka,Japan.

From left to right, Hiroyuki, Ayurin (me), Tao-jui and Jason.

After the earthquake, tsunami, and the nuclear power plant accidents (March 11th), a lot of foreign tourists cancelled their Japan trip plan, but Jason and his cousin didn't change their mind and did come here! Thank you very much!
We met at Toyonaka Station (Wow, it's really near our home!), and walked to a local Okonomiyaki restaurant. We tasted Osaka style Okonomiyaki, Hiroshima style one, Green Onion one, fried noodle and sauteed seafood :-)
The restaurant is not so big and not so gorgeous, but usually local people eat at restaurants like that. We hope they felt Japanese usual life and they liked the food :-)
We exchanged souvenirs (Thanks for the delicious sweets!) , and after lunch we visited our home (only several minutes, but we are happy to have them here at home.)

This is our second meeting with Jason (Last time in Taipei)
I couldn't believe that more than 6 years have passed...
It was really nice meeting you, Jason and Tao-jui!!

Click here to see more photos

66) Ubud(Indonesia) VT Meeting : May 3 2010

Friendly people and the best BBQ pork spare ribs at Nuri's Warung Restaurant!

...Roy(Ubudian) and his wife Eri from Ubud, Indonesia.
...Roy & Eri 's friends Brian, Andy, Wolfgang, Marricio from Ubud, Indonesia.
...Ayurin(AyurinHiro) and hubby Hiroyuki from Osaka,Japan.

From left to right, Marricio, Eri, Brian, Andy, Wolfgang, Roy, Ayurin. (Hiro was the photographer.)

It was really happy afternoon with these friendly people :-)
We were planning to meet up with VT member Roy and his wife Eri.
And when I was talking with Eri about meeting place, I asked her "Is it easy to find you?" Then she answered "Yes, it is easy. Everybody knows us." I was surprised to hear that... but when I arrived at Nuri's Warung restaurant, I understood :-)
Roy and Eri and their friends were already drinking and chatting. Eri is from Ubud, but others came from other places in the world...such as USA, Australia... They fell in love with Ubud and now their home is Ubud!
Ubud is the center of culture, and it has a lot of historical sites such as temples... and the climate seems comfortable.
After chatting for a while, we ordered BBQ pork spare ribs (Roy's recommendation) . Roy, you are right! The ribs are very very delicious!! Thanks! We also ate Nasi champru.

It was really nice meeting you all!
Next time we come to Bali, we will stay longer!

Click here to see more photos

67) Vladivostok (Russia) VT Meeting : May 22 2010

Great historical buildings and scenery with wonderful guy Mikhail

...Mikhail(Jonarforever) from Vladivostok, Russia.
...Ayurin(AyurinHiro) and hubby Hiroyuki from Osaka,Japan.

From left to right, Ayurin (me) and Mikhail. (Hiro was the photographer.)

We met at the Central Square and he gave us this special cap! (I'm wearing it in this photo! It has a lot of pinbadges and looks like Soviet-style!) :-)
Mikhail is really a great guy... he knows a lot about his city Vladivostok and its history... he showed us around there and he explained about each building. It was really enjoyable to walk along the Svetlanskaya street which is full of historical sites.
And we also enjoyed seeing C56 Submarine museum (It was our first time to look inside the submarine) and the beautiful scenery from the Eagle's Nest Observatory.
We visited the GUM department store (Mikhail had to buy shoes) and after that, we took a rest at a cafeteria. We could feel the daily life of Vladivostok :-) Thank you!

It was really nice meeting you, Mikhail!
Vladivostok is really near Japan (only a few hours by plane) Hope to visit there again.
Hope to see you again in the near future... :-)

Click here to see more photos (1)
Click here to see more photos (2)
Click here to see more photos (3)
Click here to see more photos (4)
Click here to see more photos (5)

68) Khabarovsk (Russia) VT Meeting : May 23 2010

Walking around in Khabarovsk with Svetlana :-)

...Svetlana(Skripa) from Khabarovsk, Russia.
...Ayurin(AyurinHiro) and hubby Hiroyuki from Osaka,Japan.

From left to right, Svetlana and Ayurin (me). (Hiro was the photographer.)

We met at the hotel PARUS and then we started for sight-seeing Khabarovsk! Our first destination was Muravyov-Amursky Park. (This photo)
Beatiful blue sky, green plants, lovely pink cherry blossoms and the Grado-Khabarovsk Cathedral The Dormition of the Mother of God looks so dignified and beautiful with its blue and golden roof!
Then we walked to the Square of Glory, where I visited more than 15 years ago with my parents.
And then we walked to The Dynamo park, where a lot of families are enjoying (We ate ice cream among them!)
And then we visited the Lenin Square...where very beautiful fountain was.
We walked along the Muravyov-Amursky street towards the restaurant Russkiy :-), where we ate delicious Russian dinner!
Yes, we walked and walked a lot! Thank you very much, Svetlana... it was such a wonderful walking in Khabarovsk!

It was really nice meeting you, Svetlana!
This is my second visit to Khabarovsk... we hope to visit Khabarovsk again and again!
Hope to see you again in the near future... :-)

Click here to see more photos (1)
Click here to see more photos (2)
Click here to see more photos (3)
Click here to see more photos (4)

• Page Updated Jun 8, 2011

Comments

AyurinHiro

“Let there be warmth in human society, let there be light in all human beings.("Declaration of the Levelers Association")”

Badges & Stats in Hirakata

Have you been to Hirakata?

Latest Activity in Hirakata