"High School Teacher" Personal Page by hunterV
Yes, it’s about me.
I have worked as an English teacher since 1985 at different schools of Luhansk, Ukraine.
Luhansk regional medico-biological lyceum is the full name of my present high school where I have worked for more than fifteen years.
Some people prefer to call it a lycee.
And now perhaps some facts about our high school.
The lyceum (some people prefer to say "lycee") is located on the southern outskirts of Luhansk on the campus of Luhansk State Medical University in the area known as Medical Compound.
Our high school is on the third floor of Block No.1 of Luhansk State Medical University.
The lyceum students come from different towns and villages of Luhansk region.
They passed successfully two written entrance exams for entering the lyceum: in biology and in chemistry.
At present there are six grades with the total number of students is 160.
The main task of the lyceum is to give the students necessary knowledge and practical skills for entering the medical university.
Many students stay at the university students’ dormitory where they occupy two blocks on the ninth floor.
The lyceum has eight classrooms: Ukrainian, English, chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics, history, and computer science.
The main subjects are biology and chemistry. The students have four lessons of each of these subjects a week.
Besides, they have optional courses in biology and chemistry.
Every day the students have seven or eight lessons.
Unlike all other secondary schools of the city, we have university lecturers who come to us and teach several subjects at the lyceum.
The school year is divided into four quarters.
There are ten-day vacations after each quarter and long summer vacations at the end of the school year.
The lyceum students have autumn, winter, spring and summer vacations like all other secondary school students.
Each grade has a grade teacher and a grade educator. The grade teacher is responsible for studies and the grade educator works with students mostly in the dormitory from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m.
There are ninth-formers, tenth-formers and eleventh-formers.
The lyceum students have their PE lessons at the University Palace of Sports (leisure center) where they can also attend different sports sections.
The students have their meals at the university canteen three times a day.
The lyceum students have their English lessons two times a week.
The students take part in the work of the Lyceum English Club, in the city Olympiads and in the work of the Students' Republican Academy of Sciences where they write and defend their papers in ecology, history, biology and psychology.
The lyceum students have a one-year practice at a city hospital.
At the end of their practice there they take a test and receive a certificate of a junior medical worker.
After the lyceum the students take their entrance exams to the medical university or to any other university.
Every year a lot of lyceum leavers become university students and continue their studies to be doctors.
Success attend you, my students!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,606 Reviews
- 13,489 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 124 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
- Commented on tini58de's profile page
- Posted in Travel Chortkiv Forum "Re: How do i get from Kiev To..."
- updated a Svatove Travel Page "The Ukrainian City Worth Visiting"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ukrainian City Worth Visiting"
- hunterV and jayjayc are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Negative Impression in Krutaya Gora Warnings and Dangers
updated their Personal Page "Art for Inspiration"
- Uploaded a Video to Donets'k
PhotosSee All Photos (13489)
VideosSee All Videos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 209 reviews, 1163 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 55 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos