"Ireland 2009" Personal Page by LadyXoc
After chucking our travel bags into our hotel room in Bray we jumped on the bus to Glendalough. Yeah, my hair is purple. Leftovers from my Zombie Bagpiper Halloween costume. Luckily it matched the kilt Derek wore at his wedding the next day!
from Wikipedia- Glendalough (Irish: Gleann Dá Loch, meaning "Glen of Two Lakes") is a glacial valley located in County Wicklow, Ireland, renowned for its Early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin, a hermit priest, and destroyed in 1398 by English troops.
A place of refuge in time of attack.
On day 2 we got up before dawn and hiked the Bray Cliffwalk.
This is the groom, Derek. We were in the same pipe band in the midwest. I had the fortune of being his first piping student! And see? Purple Kilt which matches my hair :)
I think the name of this store says it all.
Day 3 we spent tripping around Dublin. Of course making a stop at the Guinnes brewery and the Gravity bar.
Day 3 we took a train to Galway. You can take the train from Dublin to Galway. At the time it was €10 one way and got you across the country in 3 hours.
This was my second visit to the Cliffs. I am happy to say the first was in better weather. This day killed my digital camera. Windy, rainy, and cold.
Poulnabrone portal tomb in the Burren
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Birdsall Hotels
- Bad Pyrmont
- La Guaira Hotels
- Tlacolula de Matamoros Hotels
- Castelfranco Veneto
- Paços de Ferreira
- Castel Volturno Hotels
- Altenahr Hotels
- Stein am Rhein
- South Harpswell Hotels
- Vejer de la Frontera
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 50 Reviews
- 308 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on LadyXoc's profile page
- updated a Alaska Travel Page "Alaska and the Artic Circle"
- Uploaded a Video to Alaska
- LadyXoc and giampiero6 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Gypsy Piper Girl"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Granite Tors Trail"
- Wrote a Review Segway tour in Fairbanks in Fairbanks Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Dublin Forum "Re: 1.5 day drive in ireland"
PhotosSee All Photos (308)
VideosSee All Videos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bray Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bisbee Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Flagstaff Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54009 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7702 Reviews - 19813 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos