"Ireland 2009" Personal Page by LadyXoc
After chucking our travel bags into our hotel room in Bray we jumped on the bus to Glendalough. Yeah, my hair is purple. Leftovers from my Zombie Bagpiper Halloween costume. Luckily it matched the kilt Derek wore at his wedding the next day!
from Wikipedia- Glendalough (Irish: Gleann Dá Loch, meaning "Glen of Two Lakes") is a glacial valley located in County Wicklow, Ireland, renowned for its Early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin, a hermit priest, and destroyed in 1398 by English troops.
A place of refuge in time of attack.
On day 2 we got up before dawn and hiked the Bray Cliffwalk.
This is the groom, Derek. We were in the same pipe band in the midwest. I had the fortune of being his first piping student! And see? Purple Kilt which matches my hair :)
I think the name of this store says it all.
Day 3 we spent tripping around Dublin. Of course making a stop at the Guinnes brewery and the Gravity bar.
Day 3 we took a train to Galway. You can take the train from Dublin to Galway. At the time it was €10 one way and got you across the country in 3 hours.
This was my second visit to the Cliffs. I am happy to say the first was in better weather. This day killed my digital camera. Windy, rainy, and cold.
Poulnabrone portal tomb in the Burren
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 50 Reviews
- 308 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on grayfo's profile page
- updated a Alaska Travel Page "Alaska and the Artic Circle"
- Uploaded a Video to Alaska
- LadyXoc and giampiero6 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Gypsy Piper Girl"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Granite Tors Trail"
- Wrote a Review Segway tour in Fairbanks in Fairbanks Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Dublin Forum "Re: 1.5 day drive in ireland"
PhotosSee All Photos (308)
VideosSee All Videos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Bray Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Ireland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Bisbee Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Flagstaff Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Parque Natural Barranca del Cobre Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos