"Various Scenes from 2008" Champoeg State Park Travelogue by glabah
Champoeg State Park Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 63 photos
Swallow guarding its home in Champoeg field near pathway.
Through most of 2008, the state parks department was testing new surfaces for its bike paths on a section of the Champoeg - Butteville trail within the park.
A dense network of trails west and downhill from the Monument to Oregon Statehood leads to the edge of the river. In mid-spring, the river is running a bit high and the leaves have starded to come out in earnest.
From the paved parking lot, this short gravel road leads to the Monument to Oregon Statehood. The trees are fairly large, even though not so long ago an entire village covered this place, so it is clear these are secondary growth trees.
Again taken in mid-spring, the trees have started to put out leaves.
- See All Western Bluebirds
- See All Museum Displays in Main Visitor's Center
- Some of the Stuff You May Need
glabah's Related Pages
Champoeg State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Champoeg State Park
- Hotels in Champoeg State Park
- Shopping in Champoeg State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Champoeg State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Champoeg State Park
- 14 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Champoeg State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Champoeg State Park
Photos in Champoeg State ParkSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 165 reviews, 768 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 696 photos, 72 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues