"Food" Paris Travelogue by GrumpyDiver

Paris Travel Guide: 22,628 reviews and 55,551 photos

Paris is food

I've decided to dedicate one page on Paris to food. It's one thing the French and especially the Parisians do very well. I just wish that this passion about good food would rub off on North America.

There has to be more to cheese than Cheddar, Monterray Jack and Processed Cheese.

We ran across this lovely little cheese shop on Isle St Louis.

Steak Tartar

This is something I love having when I get to Europe. Raw, spiced ground beef with a raw egg on top. Impossible to get back home due to the ever helpful Health Authorities who have banned restaurants serving raw meat and raw eggs.

Boulangerie Julien

We visit here every morning to pick up a baguette for breakfast.

While in Paris - do as the Parisians - they sure have a good thing figured out!

Chocolatier's Art

There's chocolate and then there's chocolate. It's not the real thing until an artisan gets at chocoate and then creates works of art/

Baguettes in the morning

The thing I will likely miss most about Paris is our daily walk down to the local boulangerie (bakery) every morning to pick up a nice, freshly baked baguette or loaf of bread for breakfast.

I am really not looking forward to going back to the bread that is produced by a bread factory, rather than a small local bakery.

Desert!

Got to love those French pasteries! They go so well with afternoon coffee after a day of hard touring.

• Page Updated Mar 20, 2010

Comments

GrumpyDiver

“ Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. - Henri Cartier-Bresson ”

Badges & Stats in Paris