"Food" Paris Travelogue by GrumpyDiver
Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos
I've decided to dedicate one page on Paris to food. It's one thing the French and especially the Parisians do very well. I just wish that this passion about good food would rub off on North America.
There has to be more to cheese than Cheddar, Monterray Jack and Processed Cheese.
We ran across this lovely little cheese shop on Isle St Louis.
This is something I love having when I get to Europe. Raw, spiced ground beef with a raw egg on top. Impossible to get back home due to the ever helpful Health Authorities who have banned restaurants serving raw meat and raw eggs.
We visit here every morning to pick up a baguette for breakfast.
While in Paris - do as the Parisians - they sure have a good thing figured out!
There's chocolate and then there's chocolate. It's not the real thing until an artisan gets at chocoate and then creates works of art/
The thing I will likely miss most about Paris is our daily walk down to the local boulangerie (bakery) every morning to pick up a nice, freshly baked baguette or loaf of bread for breakfast.
I am really not looking forward to going back to the bread that is produced by a bread factory, rather than a small local bakery.
Got to love those French pasteries! They go so well with afternoon coffee after a day of hard touring.
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 5 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 293 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatineau Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues