"ILLUSTRATED POEMS AND TALES" Personal Page by Elisabcn
LA VIDA ES SUEÑO
¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción,
y el mayor bien es pequeño;
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son.
(Calderón de la Barca)
Ningú no volia dir-li a quina hora passaria el tren. El veien tan carregat de maletes que els feia pena explicar-li que allí no hi havia hagut mai ni vies ni estació.
Nobody wanted to tell her at what time the train would pass. They saw her so laden with suitcases that felt sorry to explain that there had never been neither tracks nor station there.
Hemos nacido para volar y tenemos la obligación de remontar una y otra vez el vuelo. Te lo digo yo que me he derrumbado y estrellado muchas veces. Y sin embargo, insisto. Cuando sientas que te derrumbas, que caes vertiginosamente entre astillas y huesos, entre llantos de arena y aguaceros de vidrio, da un par de aletazos. Y arriba.
Enthusiasm (from ancient Greek: enthousiasmos) originally meant inspiration or possession by a divine afflatus or by the presence of a god.
It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm! To start with, it is a Greek word of noble meaning, which means “divine inspiration”. Thanks to enthusiasm people have gone ahead, undertaken a project which maybe was not easy. Thanks to a collective enthusiasm people have overcome difficult situations and great adventures, real ordeals were attempted. Enthusiasm is the spirit’s exhaltation.
It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm. But I will embrace it, cultivate it. Everyday. I like the feeling of being enthusiast, this divine afflatus, the presence of a god.
Bold, overhanging, and as it were threatening, rocks; clouds piled up in the sky, moving with lightning flashes and thunder peals; volcanoes in all their violence of destruction; hurricanes with their track of devastation; the boundless ocean in a state of tumult; the lofty waterfall of a mighty river, and such like; these [make us feel] insignificantly small in comparison with their might. But the sight of them is the more attractive, the more fearful it is, provided only that we are in security; and we readily call these objects sublime, because they raise the energies of the soul above their accustomed height, and discover in us a faculty of resistance of a quite different kind, which gives us courage to measure ourselves against the apparent almightiness of nature.
FAIRY TALES CAN COME TRUE?
When I was a little girl my school teacher asked us to design what we wanted to be when we would grow up.
“Easy question!” I answered. I want to be a fairy!!!
Oh yes, it was a good job: fairies are good, beautiful . . . they always make people’s dreams come true. How come there were not more fairies in this world?!
My first serious job was not far from that: somehow I could make people’s dreams come true! But after six years doing the same, routine and the need of travelling also for my job and new challenges made me change job and sector. Why not? Changes are good. And begin anew, start from zero again even if no easy made me feel alive!
Yesterday I read on a professional forum (I like professional forums, some of them are very freaky) that my current job could be considered as a
“black art”. Yes, art because if it was a science then every project would be delivered on time! So the creative side is very important in my job. And black . . . he heee . . .
Well maybe nowadays I am not a kind-hearted fairy like I dreamed when I was a child but black art is not bad, I like the idea of being on the other side :-) :-) :-)
ps. on the picture mini e, holding the magic wand with style, trying to be a kind-hearted fairy. She did not succeed :-)))))
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 617 Reviews
- 1,349 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- Commented on Redang's profile page
- Elisabcn and SirRichard are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Isn't it time for new photos..."
updated their Profile Page "Olaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
- updated a Ethiopia Travel Page "THE HORN OF AFRICA"
- Wrote a Review Time in Ethiopia in Ethiopia Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Time in Ethiopia"
- Uploaded a Video to Tunisia
PhotosSee All Photos (1349)
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos