"ILLUSTRATED POEMS AND TALES" Personal Page by Elisabcn
LA VIDA ES SUEÑO
¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción,
y el mayor bien es pequeño;
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son.
(Calderón de la Barca)
Ningú no volia dir-li a quina hora passaria el tren. El veien tan carregat de maletes que els feia pena explicar-li que allí no hi havia hagut mai ni vies ni estació.
Nobody wanted to tell her at what time the train would pass. They saw her so laden with suitcases that felt sorry to explain that there had never been neither tracks nor station there.
Hemos nacido para volar y tenemos la obligación de remontar una y otra vez el vuelo. Te lo digo yo que me he derrumbado y estrellado muchas veces. Y sin embargo, insisto. Cuando sientas que te derrumbas, que caes vertiginosamente entre astillas y huesos, entre llantos de arena y aguaceros de vidrio, da un par de aletazos. Y arriba.
Enthusiasm (from ancient Greek: enthousiasmos) originally meant inspiration or possession by a divine afflatus or by the presence of a god.
It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm! To start with, it is a Greek word of noble meaning, which means “divine inspiration”. Thanks to enthusiasm people have gone ahead, undertaken a project which maybe was not easy. Thanks to a collective enthusiasm people have overcome difficult situations and great adventures, real ordeals were attempted. Enthusiasm is the spirit’s exhaltation.
It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm. But I will embrace it, cultivate it. Everyday. I like the feeling of being enthusiast, this divine afflatus, the presence of a god.
Bold, overhanging, and as it were threatening, rocks; clouds piled up in the sky, moving with lightning flashes and thunder peals; volcanoes in all their violence of destruction; hurricanes with their track of devastation; the boundless ocean in a state of tumult; the lofty waterfall of a mighty river, and such like; these [make us feel] insignificantly small in comparison with their might. But the sight of them is the more attractive, the more fearful it is, provided only that we are in security; and we readily call these objects sublime, because they raise the energies of the soul above their accustomed height, and discover in us a faculty of resistance of a quite different kind, which gives us courage to measure ourselves against the apparent almightiness of nature.
FAIRY TALES CAN COME TRUE?
When I was a little girl my school teacher asked us to design what we wanted to be when we would grow up.
“Easy question!” I answered. I want to be a fairy!!!
Oh yes, it was a good job: fairies are good, beautiful . . . they always make people’s dreams come true. How come there were not more fairies in this world?!
My first serious job was not far from that: somehow I could make people’s dreams come true! But after six years doing the same, routine and the need of travelling also for my job and new challenges made me change job and sector. Why not? Changes are good. And begin anew, start from zero again even if no easy made me feel alive!
Yesterday I read on a professional forum (I like professional forums, some of them are very freaky) that my current job could be considered as a
“black art”. Yes, art because if it was a science then every project would be delivered on time! So the creative side is very important in my job. And black . . . he heee . . .
Well maybe nowadays I am not a kind-hearted fairy like I dreamed when I was a child but black art is not bad, I like the idea of being on the other side :-) :-) :-)
ps. on the picture mini e, holding the magic wand with style, trying to be a kind-hearted fairy. She did not succeed :-)))))
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 617 Reviews
- 1,349 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- Commented on Redang's profile page
- Elisabcn and SirRichard are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Isn't it time for new photos..."
updated their Profile Page "Olaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
- updated a Ethiopia Travel Page "THE HORN OF AFRICA"
- Wrote a Review Time in Ethiopia in Ethiopia Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Time in Ethiopia"
- Uploaded a Video to Tunisia
PhotosSee All Photos (1349)
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos