"ILLUSTRATED POEMS AND TALES" Personal Page by Elisabcn

02-01-2010

LA VIDA ES SUEÑO

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción,
y el mayor bien es pequeño;
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son.

(Calderón de la Barca)

28-01-2010

L'EXPRESS
Ningú no volia dir-li a quina hora passaria el tren. El veien tan carregat de maletes que els feia pena explicar-li que allí no hi havia hagut mai ni vies ni estació.

(Pere Calders)

Nobody wanted to tell her at what time the train would pass. They saw her so laden with suitcases that felt sorry to explain that there had never been neither tracks nor station there.

08-02-2010

Hemos nacido para volar y tenemos la obligación de remontar una y otra vez el vuelo. Te lo digo yo que me he derrumbado y estrellado muchas veces. Y sin embargo, insisto. Cuando sientas que te derrumbas, que caes vertiginosamente entre astillas y huesos, entre llantos de arena y aguaceros de vidrio, da un par de aletazos. Y arriba.
(Jesus Quintero)

25-02-2010

Enthusiasm (from ancient Greek: enthousiasmos) originally meant inspiration or possession by a divine afflatus or by the presence of a god.

It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm! To start with, it is a Greek word of noble meaning, which means “divine inspiration”. Thanks to enthusiasm people have gone ahead, undertaken a project which maybe was not easy. Thanks to a collective enthusiasm people have overcome difficult situations and great adventures, real ordeals were attempted. Enthusiasm is the spirit’s exhaltation.

It won’t be me who will go against enthusiasm. But I will embrace it, cultivate it. Everyday. I like the feeling of being enthusiast, this divine afflatus, the presence of a god.

28-02-2010

Bold, overhanging, and as it were threatening, rocks; clouds piled up in the sky, moving with lightning flashes and thunder peals; volcanoes in all their violence of destruction; hurricanes with their track of devastation; the boundless ocean in a state of tumult; the lofty waterfall of a mighty river, and such like; these [make us feel] insignificantly small in comparison with their might. But the sight of them is the more attractive, the more fearful it is, provided only that we are in security; and we readily call these objects sublime, because they raise the energies of the soul above their accustomed height, and discover in us a faculty of resistance of a quite different kind, which gives us courage to measure ourselves against the apparent almightiness of nature.

Immanuel (Kant)

11-03-2010

FAIRY TALES CAN COME TRUE?

When I was a little girl my school teacher asked us to design what we wanted to be when we would grow up.
“Easy question!” I answered.
I want to be a fairy!!!
Oh yes, it was a good job: fairies are good, beautiful . . . they always make people’s dreams come true. How come there were not more fairies in this world?!
My first serious job was not far from that: somehow I could make people’s dreams come true! But after six years doing the same, routine and the need of travelling also for my job and new challenges made me change job and sector. Why not? Changes are good. And begin anew, start from zero again even if no easy made me feel alive!
Yesterday I read on a professional forum (I like professional forums, some of them are very freaky) that my current job could be considered as a

“black art”. Yes, art because if it was a science then every project would be delivered on time! So the creative side is very important in my job. And black . . . he heee . . .
Well maybe nowadays I am not a kind-hearted fairy like I dreamed when I was a child but black art is not bad, I like the idea of being on the other side :-) :-) :-)

ps. on the picture mini e, holding the magic wand with style, trying to be a kind-hearted fairy. She did not succeed :-)))))

• Page Updated Mar 11, 2010

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Elisabcn

“Put me on a plane already!!!”

Real Name