"Newcomers are very welcome!" Personal Page by EuromeetKrakow2010
What’s a VT Meeting?
Anytime VT’ers decide to get together in real life - that’s a member meeting. It could be three people at a pub, or a hundred at a full weekend of activities.
What’s an official Virtual Tourist Euromeeting?
It's always a very special event. It's a VT Meeting organized once a year somewhere in Europe by VT-ers who long in advance ask the VT-community and invite them as well as the Director of VT Community (VT-member Stephanie, Queen of VT or VT-Mom) and General Manager of VT Giampiero Ambrossi (giampiero6). Thanks their presence all attendees are informed what's going on now and in near future on VT as well as we can personally discuss and suggest the future development of VT.
Euromeet usually lasts at least 3 days (and nights) and consists of meeting and sightseeing activities. These offficial Euromeets are usually the largest VT Meetings in the whole VT-Community. It started in Italy (Verona and Vallegio sul Mincio) in 2005 (77 people), and continued in Marbella, Spain (2006); Santorini, Greece (2007); Karlsruhe, Germany (2008 - 127 people) and Cascais, Portugal (2009 - 111 people).
However, keep in mind that not the number of Euromeet attendees is the most important for us. But the very friendly atmosphere, your joy and great opportunity to make new friends as well as seeing some off the beaten path places that you would probably never do if you came to Krakow without locals. It is for sure worth your time and expences. You are very welcome.
Who Can Attend?
Anybody who is a VT member, wants to be one, is a friend of a VT member, or is just curious and wants some fun.
Who organizes 6th official Virtual Tourist Euromeeting in Krakow, Poland?
VT-member matcrazy1 (Matt or Maciek) - VT-member since 2000;
VT-member matcrazy0 (Urszula) - wife of matcrazy1.
Any VT member who gets the urge can organize VT-meeting. It’s a purely volunteer effort. Usually members who have been around for a while and enjoy the community are most likely to host get-togethers.
Who helps to organize Euromeet in Krakow?
VT-member ania70pl (Ania);
the Director of VT Community (Stephanie);
General Manager of VT Giampiero Ambrossi (giampiero6);
the whole VT-community giving organizers a lot of support, good advices etc.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
1. Don’t be shy. VT’ers are a friendly bunch, they don’t just talk travel and they certainly don’t compete over who has the biggest travel resume.
2. If you want to attend, just sign up using the RSVP link (RSVP stands for Respondez S'il Vous Plait) at the member meeting calendar:
Euromeet in Krakow (28-30 May, 2010)
VT-meet in Lviv, Ukraine (1-2 June, 2010)
VT-meet in Sibiu, Romania (4-5 June, 2010)
3. If you signed up to attend the Euromeet in Krakow, please check Euromeet schedule and remember to sign up seperately to each chosen by you event/activity from the list of Euromeet activities/events Please, pay attention to deadline posted for most events.
4. Don’t sign up if you aren’t going.
5. If you do sign up, but can’t make it, do unsign and let the organizer know.
6. Before going, have a look at the attendees list, and take a peek at their member pages – it gives your something to talk about and you may share a common interest.
7. Remember that not all meetings are alike – each one is different.
8. Leave yourself open to fun and surprise. They guy you thought was a grouch in the forum is probably a really nice guy in real life!
9. Most of all have a few laughs. You’ll certainly make some new friends.
1. We try to make your expenses for tours, tickets etc. as low as possible and limited to as few events as possible. Well, usually group tickets are less expensive and we got a lot of additional discounts for transportation, tours, admission fees etc.
2. The most painful expense during the meeting for every low budget VT-ers maybe cost of two official VT-dinners (in Krakow on 28th and 29th May at 7:00 p.m.).
These are always great events. If you want to meet all VT-ers and have a lot of fun you simply can't skip these dinners, at least the first one. The Director of VT Community (VT-member Stephanie, Queen of VT or VT-Mom), General Manager of VT Giampiero Ambrossi (VT-er giampiero6) and for sure over 100 cool VT-ers from all around the world will dine and party together :-). Some/quite many VT-ers are individualists who skip group sightseeing and tours, prefer to visit any city on own or in a small group, or simply can go for Euromeet at the last minute just to join these VT-dinners. The only opportunity to meet this cool group of VT-ers is just to join the VT-dinner. Apart from that it's always great party and a lot of fun not to mention great opportunity to taste good local food and drinks. Please, do not skip it even if your budget is very low. However, keep in mind that VT-dinners cost for example 30 euros per person per dinner last time in Portugal (on previous official European VT-meetings even more or much more). In Krakow VT-dinners cost less: 100 PLN each (less then 25 euros now). However if money is an issue, you have no way: you must save on other expenses.
3. If you can help me and others on that subject or have any other ideas about it please e-mail me.
All Euromeet attendees (both VT-ers and their guests) have to be registered by organizers.
1. WHAT'S THE REGISTRATION?
We will check which Euromeet events/activities you signed up to attend before and you will be asked to pay in cash, exclusively in Polish currency, for all - paid during registration - events you declared to join before (for example for the two official VT-dinners). You will be also proposed to pay additional say 4 PLN (ca 1 euro) per each paid event for so-called Euromeet voluntary piggy bank.
You will also get a bag with some travel literature on Krakow, its surroundings, Poland and on Euromeet as well as a very small gift from us :-). You will also get ID VT-badge with your name and nationality and you will be asked to wear it during Euromeet events to be easily identified by others.
2. WHEN TO REGISTER?
1. If you come to Krakow on Thursday 27th May, 2010 or earlier and if you stay in historic center, please come to meet us and to register at the reception of Unikat Bed and Breakfast (from 6:00 p.m. till 7:30 p.m.). If you are going to do it, please read details and sign up here now.
2. If you come to Krakow later, no worries, you will be registered before the first official VT-dinner the next day (Saturday, May 28, 2010).
3. If you skip the above please find us and register before the second official VT-dinner on Saturday (May 29, 2010).
3. WHAT'S THE EUROMEET VOLUNTARY PIGGY BANK?
It's money voluntarily collected among Euromeet attendees (VT-ers and guests) by organizers and a few VT-ers who agreed to supervise the bank:
1. Ania (ania70pl),
2. Carmen (Carmela71),
3. Isa (Belsaita),
4. Mariel (marielexoteria),
5. Bernd (Bernd_L).
That money first will be spent to cover some extra expenses of Euromeet organizers (like producing VT-badges, maybe cost of "no-show" if any and if necessary and others) and will NOT be spent for any VT-ers who can't afford the cost of Euromeet. The decision on spending the money will be left to so-called "piggy-bank supervisors" (well, they always may ask the whole VT-community coming for Euromeet if they want/need it). There is a proposal to spend surplus (if any) for the Freespirit Foundation (details will be given to you during Euromeet). Although I agree 100%, as for this point, I would propose to vote on it in public during the Euromeet.
More Personal Pages (24)
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 0 Reviews
- 198 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Uploaded a Video to Krakow
- Commented on one of mario_spring_83's Venezuela videos
updated their Personal Page "Newcomers are very welcome!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Meeting at VSP and open schedule!"
- EuromeetKrakow2010 and Zajem are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2010 in Krakow,..."
VideosSee All Videos (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos