"Oregon - 2009" Personal Page by PR-7
'Eclectic' is a word almost invented for Portland, particularly when you visit the Farmers Market during a festival.
Anyone who watches the Pasadena Rose Parade knows that Portland has a famous rose garden. Alas, 100 photos couldn't capture the beauty that indeed is here -- and all for free. The city is worth a visit just for sites like this.
When Travel Channel listed their "Top Ten Natural Wonders of the West," I was surprised to see the Columbia River Gorge in the list. How could an area with an interstate highway compare to a national park? That, of course, was BEFORE I visited this area, and had to agree it is as spectacular as any place in the U.S. Overlooks of river and mountain combine with wildflowers and waterfalls to make this a must visit.
It's one amazing waterfall view after another on the Columbia River Highway, but Multnomah is the highest of all. Not a place for solitude or quiet (it is, after all, just a kilometer from an interstate) but definitely a place for wonder and beauty.
What's the best part of the Oregon Coast on a sunny day? The wild flowers, the sheer cliffs, or the white sandy beaches? My only answer is "Yes!"
Stopped at an overlook to get another great shot of scenic Heceta Head Lighthouse. Was pleasantly surprised to see the dozens of sea lions below us, just trying to get some rest.
Mount Hood Scenic Byway features streams, forests, wildlife -- and a mountain.
Although not in THIS photo, on this clear day we also got to see Mount Adams from a distance of ninety kilometers.
Too many covered bridges to count (almost) and certainly too many to choose as the most photogenic. but the "Office Bridge" (yes, that's the name) has a wonderful contrast of bright red bridge, deep green forest, and clear water underneath.
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 44 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Posted in Travel Red Bank Forum "Re: Taxi's at Red Bank train..."
- created a Yosemite National Park Travel Page "You almost CAN'T take a bad photo!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "You almost CAN'T take a bad photo!"
- Wrote a Review Small but important tip about Midway Airport about Midway International Airport in Chicago Transportation
- PR-7 and prasanna_k are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Shenandoah National Park
updated their Profile Page "Lifetime of Travels"
PhotosSee All Photos (128)
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Camden Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Norfolk 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Shenandoah National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Atlanta 1 review, 5 photos
- Brooklyn 1 review, 5 photos
- Mount Laguna Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Stroudsburg 1 review, 4 photos
- Caldwell 1 review, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos