"Shenandoah - 2009" Personal Page by PR-7
Wonderful vistas are available at almost every turnout.
Cold mornings make for views that seem to go on forever.
Deer normally have a fear of humans and of fire. In Shenandoah, they'll munch on grass just a few meters from both. The deer is as nonchalant about the closeness as the human
Anytime you see a bunch of people and cars along the side of the road, you know there's something (usually a bear) just inside the forest.
Seeing bears used to be rare event, even in Shenandoah. Now it's not uncommon to see them by the side of road. Just remember to treat these animals with the respect they deserve -- they're neither cuddly toys nor voracious human-killers, but we need to keep a proper distance.
Seeing a bear may no longer be a rare event, but seeing one munch on a deer killed (apparently) by a passing car is not something everyone experiences. Not a view for people who like to think bears are like Yogi or deer are like Bambi, but part of nature nevertheless.
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 44 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Posted in Travel Grand Canyon National Park Forum "Re: Can I enter the park at night?"
- created a Yosemite National Park Travel Page "You almost CAN'T take a bad photo!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "You almost CAN'T take a bad photo!"
- Wrote a Review Small but important tip about Midway Airport about Midway International Airport in Chicago Transportation
- PR-7 and prasanna_k are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Shenandoah National Park
updated their Profile Page "Lifetime of Travels"
PhotosSee All Photos (128)
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos
- Camden Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Norfolk 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Shenandoah National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Atlanta 1 review, 5 photos
- Brooklyn 1 review, 5 photos
- Mount Laguna Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Stroudsburg 1 review, 4 photos
- Caldwell 1 review, 3 photos