"Pre-Xmas mini meet: farewell Claus!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Travelogue by Laura_Mexico

Mexico City Travel Guide: 2,157 reviews and 4,508 photos

A few drinks to say goodbye to Claus

So we finally had our 3rd VT meet with Claus and after that he toured the south east part of my country - especially the coast! - with his bike.

He came back to Mexico City to take his plane back home and we got together again for a few drinks a couple of days before Xmas! It was fun and he brought Cinthya a precious gift that she really treasures: a VT flag from his past meetings! Here you can see both of them toasting with the VT flag.

We gathered at the Hijo del Cuervo bar located in Coyoacan, since Claus wanted to explore this area before leaving and we told him that he would most certainly enjoy the night atmosphere & activities of this part of the city. There are several restaurants, cafes, ice cream parlors and bars/cantinas in this area. El Hijo del Cuervo is a very traditional place which has been there for ages, was shut down for a while but has been reopened and is very popular because of the environment and the reasonable prices (and no cover fee). We came here after having a coffee (also very traditional in Coyoacan, and plus the weather was COLD!) and attending a concert at the Coyoacan church. It was a fun evening!

Mexican VTers

Of course Cinthya and I aren't the only VTers in Mexico City but at least it's us who always try to organize and/or attend the small meets that take place here.... she's very cool so we will take up on any chance we get to meet and get together with or without other VTers!

Cheers in 2 different styles

So here are Claus & me toasting - him with his beer, of course, and me with my girly cocktail! I had to drive so I couldn't get stupid drunk, I behaved myself very well even though Claus wanted to keep on drinking (those of you who know Claus know that I am NOT lying LOL)!!!

• Page Updated Dec 29, 2011

Comments

Laura_Mexico

“Men suck BIG TIME... But TRAVELLING IS THE BEST! :)”

Badges & Stats in Mexico City

Have you been to Mexico City?

Latest Activity in Mexico City