"Pre-Xmas mini meet: farewell Claus!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Travelogue by Laura_Mexico
Mexico City Travel Guide: 2,145 reviews and 4,419 photos
So we finally had our 3rd VT meet with Claus and after that he toured the south east part of my country - especially the coast! - with his bike.
He came back to Mexico City to take his plane back home and we got together again for a few drinks a couple of days before Xmas! It was fun and he brought Cinthya a precious gift that she really treasures: a VT flag from his past meetings! Here you can see both of them toasting with the VT flag.
We gathered at the Hijo del Cuervo bar located in Coyoacan, since Claus wanted to explore this area before leaving and we told him that he would most certainly enjoy the night atmosphere & activities of this part of the city. There are several restaurants, cafes, ice cream parlors and bars/cantinas in this area. El Hijo del Cuervo is a very traditional place which has been there for ages, was shut down for a while but has been reopened and is very popular because of the environment and the reasonable prices (and no cover fee). We came here after having a coffee (also very traditional in Coyoacan, and plus the weather was COLD!) and attending a concert at the Coyoacan church. It was a fun evening!
Of course Cinthya and I aren't the only VTers in Mexico City but at least it's us who always try to organize and/or attend the small meets that take place here.... she's very cool so we will take up on any chance we get to meet and get together with or without other VTers!
So here are Claus & me toasting - him with his beer, of course, and me with my girly cocktail! I had to drive so I couldn't get stupid drunk, I behaved myself very well even though Claus wanted to keep on drinking (those of you who know Claus know that I am NOT lying LOL)!!!
More Travelogues (5)
- See All Russian home made style food
- See All Bazaar El Sabado at San Angel
- See All Pricey but still "in"
- See All An awesome house & museum
- See All Pretty neat and chic place
- See All Little church behind Bellas Artes
- See All Christmas in Coyoacan
- See All In and out DF by bus!
- See All About our police officers.....
- See All Visiting Mexico City by bus: the...
- Local handcrafts of ALL TYPES!!!
Been to Mexico City?Share your travels with the world!
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Mexico City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The biggest city in the world..."
- "Heighten your senses in Mexico City"
- "Huge Metropolis"
- "Mexico City"
- "Mexico City"
- "My beautiful Mexico City"
- "Mexico City, the Megalopolis."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico City
- Hotels in Mexico City
- Transportation in Mexico City
- Nightlife in Mexico City
- Restaurants in Mexico City
- Shopping in Mexico City
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico City
- 103 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 96 Forum posts
- 282 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Mexico City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Uploaded a Photo to "An awesome house & museum"
- updated a Mexico City Travelogue "Our first VT Meeting in Mexico City!!"
- Wrote a Review Russian home made style food in Mexico City Restaurants
- Commented on one of Laura_Mexico's Mexico City tips
Photos in Mexico CitySee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 103 reviews, 115 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue