"Victorian Imagery" Victoria Travelogue by 850prc
Victoria Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 45 photos
Victoria-by-the-Sea is the sort of place that really cries out for a VT travelogue. Just a series of local shots to give you a bit more feel for this very special destination.
The photo below is of the countryside surrounding Victoria. As I've said, this is a tiny village, and true countryside is hardly more than a stone's throw from anywhere in the village. This photo was taken from the side of the town's lighthouse/seaport museum, looking out over the adjacent backwater.
Victoria is a town that values all its citizens, even the four-legged ones. On beautiful September afternoons, it seems de riguer that local pups and kitties go outside for a bit of fresh air.
This is a shot of a table card, taken over at Island Chocolates. This represents "the Goddess of Chocolate". I know quite a few people - my family included - who could be considered true disciples.
The local lighthouse presently serves as a tiny museum to Victoria's seaport past. As mentioned in my tip on the subject, the museum really isn't much more than a small room. But, you have to admit that this lighthouse has cornered the market on picturesque.
If you can "feel" the climate and freshness of this photo, then you may be able to grasp the satisfaction of an afternoon just walking around Victoria.
Bonnie and Sara are taking a moment to kick back and enjoy the afternoon in these colorful "Adirondack style" chairs on the front porch of Victoria's Orient Hotel. Just to the right of Sara is the entrance to "Mrs Profit's Tea Room". Let's just say that Victoria-by-the-Sea is definitely a "tea room" type of village... and I mean that in a good way.
OK, city is a stretch. Victoria really isn't even a town, at least for me. I think it's a perfect example of a village. If you take this scene and multiply it by about six, you'll pretty much imagine the whole of Victoria. Tiny, intimate, relaxing.
Most of the shops in Victoria are frequented both by locals and visitors alike. And unlike many spots that attract tourists, the owners of the shops are local, year-round residents. This isn't a place that feeds on tourists, it's a place that welcomes visitors. There's a big difference.
Be sure to swing by the Landmark Cafe (at the right). Excellent food and friendly local folks equals an entertaining evening.
Victoria, like so much of Prince Edward Island, seems to have a very strong affinity for being both "Victorian" and "Canadian". The Maple Leaf is flown with great pride in many places.
- See All Classical Glass
- See All Streetwalking, Victoria-style....
- The local "great white way"
- Footpower is the best and most relaxing...
850prc's Related Pages
Victoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "They prefer "Victoria-by-the-Sea""
- "Is there anywhere to buy coffee except Star___ks?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria
- Hotels in Victoria
- Transportation in Victoria
- Nightlife in Victoria
- Restaurants in Victoria
- Shopping in Victoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria
- See All...
Explore the World
- Utsunomiya Hotels
- Pulau Rondo Hotels
- Doheny State Beach Hotels
- Isla Cabrera Hotels
- Grandview Hotels
- Bartragh Sandhills Hotels
- San Felice del Benaco
- Hollywood Beach
- State of Karnataka
- Rancho Palos Verdes
- Kefar Nahum
- Thousand Oaks
- Fort Collins
- Edisto Island
- Martha's Vineyard
Badges & Stats in Victoria
- 16 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria
Photos in VictoriaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues