"Around the Church" Gingen an der Fils Travelogue by Kimi_the_Bear
Gingen an der Fils Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 119 photos
The church - Johanneskirche - has a small but very nice churchyard, and is surrounded by a wall. In front of this wall is a cobblestone square with the highlight of the Schnapperbrunnen (Snappers Fountain) on one side, and across the street is the parish office and priest's home.
On the picture above I am sitting at the fountain, with the great view of the church.
On the left picture I am sitting on the bicycle inside the courtyard, next to the main entrance door of the church.
To the right of the entrance door there is a memorial for the people who had to flee their home countries after the Second World War. My granny was one of them, she is from Sudetenland which is part of the Czech Republic.
Details of this monument.
Next to this monument is a War Memorial with many headstones on which all the names of fallen and lost soldiers from Gingen are engraved.
Kimi_the_Bear's Related Pages
Gingen an der Fils Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Die Perle des Filstals - Pearl of the Fils Valley"
- "Mama's Home Town"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gingen an der Fils
- 0 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Gingen an der Fils?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gingen an der Fils
Photos in Gingen an der FilsSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Southland 125 photos, 17 travelogues
- Ulm Intro, 109 photos, 15 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 86 photos, 14 travelogues
- Gingen an der Fils Intro, 85 photos, 12 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Alsace Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lyttelton Intro, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 74 photos, 10 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues