"Napier Museum" Thiruvananthapuram Travelogue by Willettsworld
Thiruvananthapuram Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 536 photos
This amazing looking building is more interesting than the museum inside! It was built in 1880 and named after Lord Napier, the Governor of Madras from 1866-72, after the old museum building was demolished in 1874. The building is a landmark in the city with its unique ornamentation and architectural style with gothic roof and minarets.
The museum, itself, houses a rare collection of archaeological and historic artefacts, bronze idols, ancient ornaments, a temple chariot and ivory carvings. It also contains the Sri Chitra Art Gallery, which contains works from Raja Ravi Varma and Nicholas Roerich, as well as examples of Mughal and Tanjore art.
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Thiruvananthapuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Trivandrum , My present Hometown"
- "Trivandrum : The very relaxed Capital of Kerala"
- "Beachs,Fish,Rain&Umbrella :)))not in order."
- "Thiru-Vananthapuram - Abode of the snake!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thiruvananthapuram
- Hotels in Thiruvananthapuram
- Transportation in Thiruvananthapuram
- Nightlife in Thiruvananthapuram
- Restaurants in Thiruvananthapuram
- Shopping in Thiruvananthapuram
- Warnings and Dangers in Thiruvananthapuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thiruvananthapuram
- 27 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Thiruvananthapuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thiruvananthapuram
Photos in ThiruvananthapuramSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues