"Gengle Hall" Top 5 Page for this destination Tongli Travelogue by Willettsworld
Tongli Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 228 photos
Ming Dynasty official Zhuxiang, also called Gengle, built this placid retreat after a successful career in government. So pleasant was his home that he seldom left it, earning a reputation as a hermit, albeit a hermit with a 54-room mansion to hole up in. Today, the house retains three courtyards and 41 rooms out of the original layout. The front living quarters lead to a small garden area with a lotus pool. An adjacent zigzag bridge connects to a pavilion.
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Tongli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tremendous Tongli"
- "Venice of the Orient"
- "Tongli - An Old Canal Town in Wujiang"
- "Tongli - Quieter Watertown than Zhouzhuang"
- "tongli, a little more aged and natural"
- ""Shui Xiang""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tongli
- Hotels in Tongli
- Transportation in Tongli
- Restaurants in Tongli
- Shopping in Tongli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tongli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tongli
- 13 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Tongli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tongli
Photos in TongliSee All Photos (124)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues