"The Big Day... Me? An 'honest' women? Naaaah!" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Travelogue by JessH
Scotland Travel Guide: 12,257 reviews and 26,493 photos
Urquhart Castle, and yes - that's Loch Ness right behind it!
MORE PHOTOS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
We had 3 cakes (I'm a Libra and I can never make up my mind!)
The top was a white chocolate & limoncella, decorated as Scotland.
The middle one was a Black Forest Gateau, decorated as Germany.
The bottom one was a Madeira Cake, decorated (with dunes & camel) as Dubai.
(Cake by Varis Pipe Dreams; the incredibly talented Kevin Todd!)
"Och, it's all goan' pure brilliant," says Jimmy. "A've got everythin' organised awready, the fluers (flowers), the church, the caurs (cars), the reception, the rings, the meenister (minister). Even ma stag night".
Jock nods approvingly.
"A've even bought a new kilt to be married in!" continues Jimmy.
"A kilt?" exclaims Jock, "that's mahgic (magic), you'll look pure smairt in that!"
"An' what's the tartan?" Jock then enquires.
"Och," says Jimmy, "A'd imagine she'll be in white!"
Jock McTavish - a Scotsman - decided to get married; so one morning he sent messages to three of his girlfriends, proposing marriage. Two phoned immediately to say 'yes' while the third phoned later in the evening to say the same.
He married the third girl saying, "The lass for me is the one who waits for the cheap rates."
A newlywed couple were spending their honeymoon in a remote log cabin way up the Highlands of Scotland. They had arrived on Saturday and they had not been seen for 5 days.
An elderly couple ran the resort, and they were getting concerned about the welfare of these newlyweds. The old man decided to go and see if they were all right. He knocked on the door of the cabin and a weak voice from inside answered. The old man asked if they were OK.
"Yes, we're fine thanks. We're living on the fruits of love." the voice giggled.
The old man replied, "I thought so... but would ye mind not throwing the peels of that fruit out tha window... they're choking ma ducks!"
More Travelogues (9)
- See All Fresh, healthy, home-made, home-grown...
- See All Culloden Battlefield: the melancholic...
- See All Scotland on celluloid: Movie...
- See All Quintessentially Scottish: SPORRAN
- See All Chanonry Point: sneak a peek at the...
JessH's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 166 Reviews
- 653 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: pricing"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Scotland's national dish: Haggis, Neeps & Tatties"
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- Wrote a Review Fresh, healthy, home-made, home-grown slow food in Scotland Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Scotland
- Commented on one of Florida999's Scotland travel pages
Videos in ScotlandSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 175 reviews, 631 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 82 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 54 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 45 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 39 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 22 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mühlhausen Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Scotland hotels
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Ayr Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 244 Photos
- Inverness Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 731 Photos
- Oban Hotels
- 168 Reviews - 312 Photos
- Fort William Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Aviemore Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Stirling Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 726 Photos
- Peebles Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Arrochar Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Kingussie Hotels
- 17 Hotels
- Strathpeffer Hotels
- 8 Hotels
- Dunfermline Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 186 Photos