"Visiting the Miniature Book Museum" Horlivka Travelogue by hunterV
Horlivka Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 416 photos
Razumov Miniature Book Musdeum is located in the building of the city library at 132A Victory Avenue.
It’s a good idea to make an appointment before paying a visit and having a guided tour.
I had a guided tour here and wrote down a lot of information.
The museum has a small hall with exhibitions of miniature books and microbooks.
It has books published in 57 countries in 103 languages.
Those are both ancient and modern, handwritten and printed books.
The museum collection comprises 8,500 books now, among them 7,008 books were presented by the museum founder Benjamin Razumov (1915-2001) who had collected such books for decades.
He left his entire collection by his will to the city in 1991.
Lots of different miniature books and microbooks.
It’s a unique museum, the only one of such kind in Ukraine.
+38 0624 22 21 17
Gallina Nikolayenko, director
132A Victory Avenue
You can even see a unique book called speck of dust whose dimensions are sixty times smaller than a poppy seed.
You can see the book through the microscope and read two poems by Alexander Pushkin there.
- See All A Small Pearl of the Donets Basin
- See All Weekend Newspaper
- See All Our Local in 1977-1982
- See All City Day Celebrations
- See All Improvised Markets
- See All Peter Gorlov
- See All Bathing is Prohibited!
hunterV's Related Pages
Horlivka Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Horlivka
- Hotels in Horlivka
- Transportation in Horlivka
- Nightlife in Horlivka
- Restaurants in Horlivka
- Shopping in Horlivka
- Warnings and Dangers in Horlivka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Horlivka
- 62 Reviews
- 416 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Horlivka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Horlivka
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Time to make biometric..."
- Commented on one of hunterV's Horlivka travel pages
- updated a Horlivka Travel Page "Five Years of Studies"
- Wrote a Review A Small Pearl of the Donets Basin in Horlivka Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Best Pub"
- Uploaded a Video to Horlivka
Photos in HorlivkaSee All Photos (416)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 240 reviews, 1487 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues