"Ugo Bigyan's Workshop" Tiaong Travelogue by cyndymc
Tiaong Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 90 photos
Ugo is a hands-on master potter. He makes the designs, supervises the production, personally glazes each ceramic piece, then he affixes his signature on each piece.
I watched Ugo glaze each piece of ceramic. His hands were very agile.
This potter has been working with Ugo for a long time. He was personally trained in the pottery by Ugo. This guy takes care of molding the pottery.
This potter does preparatory finishing job on each piece of pottery.
Real leaves from Ugo's gardens are picked and used as pattern. A worker is assigned to cut the clay following the shape of the leaves.
When the clay is cut according to the shape of the leaves, each clay leaf is molded to look like the real one.
Clay Pottery are air dried before glazing & baking in the kiln.
The crucial job of finishing is done by another crew of workers.
More Travelogues (2)
cyndymc's Related Pages
Tiaong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A day in Villa Escudero"
- "Viaje del Sol"
- "Stop and take a Rest"
- "Where Villa Escudero is Located"
- "Tiaong- Home of Master Potter Ugo Bigyan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiaong
- Hotels in Tiaong
- Transportation in Tiaong
- Restaurants in Tiaong
- Shopping in Tiaong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiaong
- 1 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Tiaong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiaong
Photos in TiaongSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues