"Spelunking through Lumiang and Sumaging caves" Sagada Travelogue by OH_DK
Sagada Travel Guide: 670 reviews and 1,867 photos
Vt'ers missmarianne and barbie_sunrise saw these caves at Christmas time in 2008, and they wanted me to see the caves too. So after we climbed Mt. Pulag we went to Sagada with the bus (6 hours through a lot of mountain countryside with rice terraces).
In Sagada we hired 2 local guides, took on some old clothes, a helmet with a head lamp and headed towards the caves (just a few hundred meters out of town)
In this photo you see where we walked down to Lumiang Cave.
Link to Barbie and Marianne's trip in 2008
We were 4 in our group all VT'ers:
missmarianne, jonXXX, kentski11 and OH_DK
We also had 2 local experienced guides with 2 strong lamps to show us the way through the caves.
Here you see the Dane (me) slowly moving his big body into the cave.
Btw most photos in this TL are taken by missmarianne
Here I realized that my body weight was a bit higher than last time I tried rapelling hehe - - I guess I attended too many VT meets with good food ;)
It was really exciting, but at the same time I felt completely safe with our good local guides.
We had good time for relaxing and of course taking pics - - real VT'ers always bring their camera ;-)
Here we went down a steep place, and our guide is making light for us.
Missmarianne is taking the photo and she always said "Japan Japan" to us when she took photos and that was the signal to us to make the V sign with the fingers ;-)
We walked many places bare feeted. Some places we climbed some white stones and had to be real careful because they were very slippery, but in this place (the photo) it was like standing on sandpaper.
Posing on the cave formation.
It was really amazing to stand right beside these million of years old formations!
Some places we came into big halls with thousands of bats hanging and flying over our heads, and we were walking in bat sh*ts and had the strong smell in our nose!
Then it was great to reach the underground river and wash our feet!!
More Travelogues (1)
OH_DK's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 5 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Bus or Van?"
- updated a Sagada Travelogue "Spelunking through Lumiang and Sumaging caves"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagada a beautiful little town in the mountains"
- Commented on one of nimato's Sagada travel pages
- Wrote a Review Go hiking in Marlboro Country in Sagada Things to Do
Photos in SagadaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues