"A Tribute to my Mom" Personal Page by richiecdisc
Following the greatest summer of my life my Mom took ill and after months of pain and no medical progress sadly passed away in early March. Trying to come to terms with losing my mother hasn't been easy but made harder by watching as my father does the same over the loss of his best friend of over sixty years. Needless to say, making pages had to be put on the back burner. To be honest, writing of any kind hasn't come easy when it's come at all. I took about 18,000 photos as we traveled around the USA last summer and have edited the best 4,000 of them. Be patient as I try to put together a few pages to give you an idea what it was like to travel, camp, and hike around the USA for six months. In short, it was amazing. In the meantime, enjoy a tribute to my Mom. We miss her but she is very much in our memories and hearts.
My Mom and her little sister Patsy were very close right up to her passing away.
For my Mom's memorial I compiled a slide show throughout the years and was reminded just what a beauty she was in her youth.
My Mom met my Dad when she was 15 and they were married two years later.
My Mom was proud of all her kids, even when we did less than expected. Whatever we did was good enough for her. I guess that is true unconditional love.
I know I was lucky. Not only were my parents married for 60 years but they were in love till the very end.
It's no wonder I was almost afraid to get married, trying to duplicate their happiness and feat! But I am very happy that my Mom was still here to see her last kids get married. She was very happy in my choice as you can see in the photo.
Mom was quite talented but content to be a house wife and mother but we never underestimated her. As you can see from the photo, she was quite a card even in her later years.
More Personal Pages (8)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 5,866 Reviews
- 8,761 Photos
- 34 Countries
- 209 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Bogotá tips
- richiecdisc and Euroman are now friends.
- updated a Bogotá Travel Page "Bogota Revealed"
updated their Profile Page "finally some time to work on Germany"
- Uploaded a Photo to "finally some time to work on Germany"
- Wrote a Review where the beer brings me if often good in Ulm Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
PhotosSee All Photos (8761)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos