"Horny trucks with testosterone in their fuel tanks" Nepal Travelogue by lahoree

Nepal Travel Guide: 4,144 reviews and 11,285 photos

Nepal travel pages on the web repeatedly indicate wild traffic and accidents on the highways. Given traffic situation in my country, I was assuming that there might be “little” issue in Nepal as well. But traffic was even worst than what I had imagined. Trucks (Road King) there drive like crazy; if a truck is trying to overtake, traffic from opposite direction must stop and wait on the shoulder of road, for the King to pass first. I have seen several accidents, first sight was the most tragic; an overloaded truck resting on an ambulance taking its last breath; after all, why it did not allow the King to pass first.

Some of the statements written on the trucks:

“Road King” – Any one dare to challenge my monarchy?

“Slow drive – long life”, “Care drive – long life” – This advice is for you not for the King

“Speed limit”, “Speed control” – Or be ready for the consequences

“Road Life” – Is in the hands of the King

“Offroad express” – Don’t come on my way or I will bang your “backdoor”, I am “offroad express”

Have you seen a truck/bus sandwich with a little car as “sandwich spread”?

Trucks, trucks and trucks…. Thanks to the car driver, who drove patiently and we reached safely in Chitwan Jungle.

Look at the King overtaking… we have to park our car on the side track for a couple of minutes. After all, it’s the right of the King to pass first.

Hey! You want to overtake me PUSH HORN and “GOODLUCK!!!!!”

Overtake me, and then I will “see you”

An accident

Another accident; truck licking a bus

• Page Updated Apr 17, 2009