"Horny trucks with testosterone in their fuel tanks" Nepal Travelogue by lahoree
Nepal Travel Guide: 4,243 reviews and 11,967 photos
Nepal travel pages on the web repeatedly indicate wild traffic and accidents on the highways. Given traffic situation in my country, I was assuming that there might be ?little? issue in Nepal as well. But traffic was even worst than what I had imagined. Trucks (Road King) there drive like crazy; if a truck is trying to overtake, traffic from opposite direction must stop and wait on the shoulder of road, for the King to pass first. I have seen several accidents, first sight was the most tragic; an overloaded truck resting on an ambulance taking its last breath; after all, why it did not allow the King to pass first.
Some of the statements written on the trucks:
?Road King? ? Any one dare to challenge my monarchy?
?Slow drive ? long life?, ?Care drive ? long life? ? This advice is for you not for the King
?Speed limit?, ?Speed control? ? Or be ready for the consequences
?Road Life? ? Is in the hands of the King
?Offroad express? ? Don?t come on my way or I will bang your ?backdoor?, I am ?offroad express?
Trucks, trucks and trucks?. Thanks to the car driver, who drove patiently and we reached safely in Chitwan Jungle.
Look at the King overtaking? we have to park our car on the side track for a couple of minutes. After all, it?s the right of the King to pass first.
lahoree's Related Pages
Nepal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- "The Himalayan Kingdom"
- "Namaste, Naya Nepal!"
- "..dramatic nepal.."
- "Nepal, A country I have to visit again : and I did"
- "Nepal, Culture & Trekking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nepal
- Hotels in Nepal
- Transportation in Nepal
- Nightlife in Nepal
- Restaurants in Nepal
- Shopping in Nepal
- Warnings and Dangers in Nepal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nepal
- 0 Reviews
- 227 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nepal
- updated a Nepal Travel Page "Lofty mountains, low land jungles, ancient temples"
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: Traveling Philippines"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horny trucks with testosterone in their fuel tanks"
- Commented on one of into-thin-air's Nepal travel pages
Videos in NepalSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 128 reviews, 110 photos, 9 travelogues
- Royal Chitwan Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Pampanga Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos, 10 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 55 photos, 7 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 7 travelogues
- Donsol Intro, 52 photos, 8 travelogues
- Uacon Intro, 45 photos, 7 travelogues
- Puerto Galera Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues