"After we dropped off our bags..." Sagada Travelogue by barbie_sunrise

Sagada Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 1,956 photos

We dont want to miss a thing : )

After we dropped off our bags from Gladys homestay, we went out for luch at strawberry restaurant and reserve dinner at Log Cabin. Then we go to Tourism office to register and for our tour to Echovalley, Underground cave and Bokong falls (a.k.a. small falls). For 400 pesos, we have a guide and able to tour around this three sites. iT is at this part where we met Kuya Alfred, our guide. We started our tour by passing the St. Mary Episcopal Church then the cemetery before we reached the Echovalley where we SOL (Shout Out Loud!). We met a couple who will be doing the rock climbing. So we watched the guide rapel down and we continued our journey.

Hello??!!!???!! Maganda Ako (Oo, Oo, Oo) ....

Echovalley, where we can Shout Out Loud. Anything your hearts desire. But be also prepared to be echoed back by whoever. Hehe! What I did, I echoed back to someone... crazy me! : )

Hanging Coffins

Kuya Alfred is so informative. He has a lot of things to say about. He can answer all our queries. Hanging coffins does not smell bad. No perfume or other measures done. The remains are put in a fetal position.

Going to the Underground River

It is a rocky road coz its kinda dry season. Kuya Alfred told us that the water can go up high. The River continues to the Lumiang and Sumaging caves. Yup! The way is also slippery so I made one. Hitting my butt, OUCH!!

I want to give up! -Kuya Alfred

Yey! Halfway of our tour. I think Kuya Alfred is starting to realize that he will be dealing with our crazy life for the next 3 days. Going inside the Underground river. We just passed a part of it then we went up following the road.

Bokong Flows

After treking the main road, we went down going to Bokong flows (a.k.a. small falls) as said by Kuya Alfred. It is really a small falls and 12 ft (?) deep. Swimming is allowed but can you resist the cold??? That is the question... : )

Youghurts surprise!!!

After the days tour, went to Youghurts House as recommended by fellow VTers who tried it. Well, im not a fan of it but was surprised with the taste. I Loved it!!! Really!. We grabbed Kuya Alfred to join us for a youghurt merienda. The place was so cool. It has pictures of highly respected elders and pictures of rituals. We gained more information from Kuya Alfed.

Dinner is served!

After our merienda at Youghurt, head off to Log Cabin for our Dinner. The place is soooo romantic (aaaawwww!!!!!!!). The food is SUPERB!!! As in, so tasty and I want MORE. There is also a fireplace inside which makes it more cozy. Marianne fell in love for the tea kettle and wanted to buy it but unfortunately it is the only one left from the 20 kettle they had. Amazingly, Pres finished her pasta. Food has Big Servings. The cost is reasonable.
After our dinner, we went back to youghurts house to talk again with Kuya Alfred. We stayed longer than we thought because we immersed in the conversations with 3 SEGA guides. We had fun. They make funny jokes that kick my butt off my chair. I had a great night!

• Page Updated Jan 3, 2009

Comments

barbie_sunrise

“enjoy all the places in the world!!!”

Badges & Stats in Sagada