"The Museum of Flight" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Travelogue by joiwatani
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,147 reviews and 7,645 photos
Air Force One/Concorde at the Museum of Flight
If you are in Seattle on a Thursday, make sure to go to the Museum of Flight. You know why? It is free to get in!
The first thing that you see at the museum are old planes on display outside the building. There is also the Air Force One plane and the Concorde.
It is really fun to bring the kids inside the jet and see how this fastest plane transport passengers across the Atlantic in few hours. This is an educational tour for the children and they get to see the cockpit.
The Concorde was donated by the British Airways to the Museum of Flight. This supersonic airliner was retired and is one of only twenty Concordes ever built. It is the only one on display on the West Coast and one of only four outside Europe.
The Air Force One plane is the plane of the President of the United States. Before getting a tour inside the plane, make sure to watch the video of the history of the plane. It gives you how the plane evolved in design as the presidents of the United States changed. The bathroom had been changed to accommodate President's Kennedy's wife, Jackie. As it was told on the video, because of the long trip that presidents of the United States travel, they have to freshen themselves and so the first lady had to have her own powder room/make-up room!
Concorde is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and tours are free with Museum admission. Concorde closes one hour earlier (3:30 p.m.) between September 6 and May 1.
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
Been to Seattle?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 192 Reviews
- 1,703 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Seattle travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2012 VT Seattle Dinner/Belly Dancing on August 11"
- created a Seattle Travelogue "The Space Needle, Part VII"
- Wrote a Review A total disappointment at Marrakesh Restaurant! in Seattle Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Seattle
Videos in SeattleSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues