"Winter Swimming" Anavissos Travelogue by janetanne
Anavissos Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 43 photos
The local county sends beach dozers to fill in the beach with small stones so that during the winter months when the sea get rough, the beach will not be eaten away by the strong waves. For now, all is calm and swimming is still enjoyable.
Secluded, which suits me just fine. The sea is still warm and I can swim with the fish alone.
Remnants of Sunbathers remain stuck in the sand. Once hordes of summer beach umbrellas lined this beach and protected the swimmers from the harmful summer rays. Now, no need for umbrellas, just come to the beach late in the afternoon for a lovely brisk swim.
In the summer months, this beach bar is brimming with people lined up for a cool drink or a quick sandwich. Now, all is quite, hibernating until the summer calls its customers again. For now, this pale wooden wall collects the heat from the winter sun and protects from the Northern wind. It's a good place to sit and soak up some late afternoon warmth.
Perched high on this wooden throne, sat the bronzed lifesaver, watching over his sea subjects. Now, the throne is empty. Could we watch for winter migrations of Dolphins from here?
More Travelogues (2)
- Luxury Living on the Seaside
- Anima Club - Tennis at it Finest
- See All Cook Some Delicious Winter Greek Food
janetanne's Related Pages
Anavissos Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Anavissos
- 10 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Anavissos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anavissos
Photos in AnavissosSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 42 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vouliagmeni Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Windsor Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Prefecture of Attica Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houghton Lake Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Anavissos Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos