""ODE TO A LEMON" - The Patagonia Chronicles" Personal Page by Geisha_Girl
I am heading to South America.
I love the way that sounds and how the words easily roll off my fingertips. "I am heading to South America."
This amazing trip to venture through Patagonia evolved the same way some of my previous transcendent travels have evolved----simply by talking out loud about a "far-fetched" idea. Sure, there are those great talkers who can gab on for years about "one day visiting" a place. I feel very lucky to be surrounded by 'do-ers.'
The conversation during a casual weekend hike about "One day trekking Patagonia" quickly turned into putting the plans together. And thanks to the quick forum posting about "How 'da hell do we start planning this thing," our fabulous Trekking Guide came crashing down onto our laptops from the VT heavens.
And the Patagonia Crew was formed.
Only on VT are you able to ask a simple question about where and when to go and quickly be introduced to a multi-lingual expert of the region who offers to coordinate and turn that "far-fetched idea" into reality. We couldn't have pulled this off without you G-Fine .... and thanks for bringing along that sassy sister of yours too!
Before I knew it, I am packing the hiking boots and hiking poles again and getting fixated on that adrenaline rush leftover from trekking the Himalayas, summiting Kilimanjaro, climbing the active volcano in Vanuatu, and swimming with sharks in Fakarava.
Show me the penguins!
The journey will begin in Pablo Neruda's homeland where we indulge ourselves in Sexy Views and a side trip to Paradise (Valparaiso). Then it's off to sip a bold Chilean red while watching the sunset in Viña Del Mar.
Sincerest THANKS to the "Latin man with no Latin face" for your graciousness and warm welcome to your hometown. After such a long journey, it will be refreshing to see a familiar and friendly face......who is so easy on the eyes! ;-)
Then it's off to journey to the end of the earth and begin the long-awaited travels through some of nature's masterpieces: Torres del Paine, El Calafate, El Chalten, Cerro Fitz Roy.
Those 6-10 hour daily hikes through the Andes will be just enough to warm us up for the next chapter of this adventure: BUENOS AIRES!
This electrifying city will serve as the backdrop for our climactic ending to this remarkable adventure as more folks fly in to join us in the celebration. I am so ecstatic you all are making it happen!
I get a second chance at this city and I plan to savor every moment there surrounded by such an incredible group of friends.
We trade in the hiking boots for the Tango shoes......
But before we can even recover from the all-nighters in San Telmo, and the EXCITEMENT of a Boca Juniors game, it's off to Iguazu Falls for more adrenaline rush. Something to do with rappelling in the rain forest and speed rafting? Hmm......
In the midst of all the insanity going on in this world, we all search for ways to find that equilibrium in our lives. Traveling enables us to keep coming back to that center and find that hub of calmness.
As we all try to make sense of this chaotic world, sometimes you just have to drop everything and escape from the daily regiment to find your own private divinity.....That corner in the world that makes you realize just how lucky you are to be in the place that you are, at that moment.
Sharing this with the right group of people is nirvana.
Writing these thoughts comes at the end of what has become the most inspirational week in recent history. As of November 4, 2008 the world is changing. And there is nothing more exhilarating than setting off on a new journey to a faraway land filled with inspiration set off by a Leader who inspires.
He makes our job of spreading peace, love, and happiness around the world much easier......
Come back in a month or so for the post-trip commentary.
I guarantee it will be a sexy read. ;-)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 3 1 9
- Forum Rank:
- 0 1 0 8 6
- 765 Reviews
- 1,465 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 765 Reviews
- 1,465 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 48 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hot Salsa Nights!"
- Commented on Agraichen's profile page
- Geisha_Girl and rosata are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Just Be Yourself....but with a GEISHA Twist!"
- Posted in Travel Bend Forum "Re: Favorite Hikes"
- created a Monterey Travel Page "The Perfect Getaway"
- Wrote a Review Your Own Private Hideaway in Punta de Mita Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Le Soul
VideosSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos