"Stormy weather in Torremolinos - big waves." Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Travelogue by Regina1965

Torremolinos Travel Guide: 438 reviews and 1,586 photos

Brown angry waves.

We had 3 days of rain and a very angry ocean, throwing shells (my favourite), fish, jelly-fish and all kind of rubbish onto the clean beaches of Torremolinos (including rats). There were floods in Malaga, just 10 minutes away from Torremolinos, and in other places of Spain, including Madrid. Fortunately there were no floods in Torremolinos, but there was no beach weather and the beaches, I love so much, looked awful.

Brown, angry waves.

Fancy a swim?

Angry, brown ocean at Bajondillo beach.

There was no bathing in this angry ocean and tourists just looked at the waves in awe.

Angry waves at Carihuela beach.

It started on the other side of the cliff and gradually the ocean became brown at the Carihuela beach as well, and there was an ocean mist covering the beaches and nearby hotels.

Angry ocean.

Fish were thrown onto the beach, it looks smaller on the picture than it's actual size. It was quite a big fish, and I encountered more and more fish on my stroll by the angry ocean.

Angry ocean.

Some parts of the beach were literally covered in jelly-fish.

Angry ocean.

Yes, a lot of jelly-fish, better on the shore than in the ocean, I say. In July 2007 Spain had some problems wth jelly-fish, and on Bajondillo beach a lot of them came like out of nowhere while I was in the ocean and I got burnt together with more people in the ocean. Some volunteers went into the ocean with small nets and fished a lot of the jelly-fish out of the ocean.

Angry ocean.

While strolling along the beaches watching the angry sea and big waves I came across this rat. That was the end of my stroll and I didn't go to the beach for 2 days afterwards. But the beaches were cleaned up thoroughly and within 2 days beach life went back to normal.

• Page Updated Oct 20, 2008

Comments

Regina1965 Visits Here Frequently!

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Badges & Stats in Torremolinos

Have you been to Torremolinos?

Latest Activity in Torremolinos