"Road Trip Wellington to Hamilton 2" Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Travelogue by kiwi
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,559 reviews and 37,206 photos
Another rare intersection on State Highway 1 is just north of Sanson, at Bulls. Heading north, you need to take the right fork at this hotel, and head for Taupo.
Just north of Bulls is a noticeboard beside the road, informing you of the coming road sections and whether or not they are open. If any are closed you need to reasses your travel route and consider alternatives. Check your map.
New Zealand attracts many overseas visitors, and many come from countries who drive on the right side. So you often see signs reminding people to drive on the left. If there are no cars on the highway it's easy to be on the wrong side!
You often see police on this stretch of road, as the long straights often find people speeding. The limit on the open highway in NZ is 100 kph.
There are some long steady climbs on this highway, but most of the time there are overtaking lanes to let you get past those big trucks.
Here our little vintage car can keep well out of the way while crawling up the hill.
It's rather fun in these wee cars, as most motorists wave and show more patience when they encounter us. But we also have our own fun, chugging up the hills then racing down the other side :-)))
We drove past the entrance to Bruce Park Walking Track.
You drive through some well established farming land and here you see a traditional and old shearing shed.
More Travelogues (9)
- See All Canoe Regatta
- See All Free Wifi around NZ
- See All Camping on Side of Road
- See All Nakedbus.com Cheapest travel around NZ.
- See All Visit White Island an active volcano.
- See All Beer unique to New Zealand
- Nightglow of balloons
- See All No such thing as a short-beaked kiwi.
- See All B & B between Auckland and Rotorua
- See All Bungy Jump at the home of all Bungy!!
- See All The ladies' Bra Fence.
- See All Between Hamilton and Rotorua
- Respect the Sun's Powers at all times!
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
kiwi's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- "New Zealand from the North to the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 622 Reviews
- 2,434 Photos
- 1,863 Forum posts
- 83 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Anywhere in the World"
- updated a New Zealand Travel Page "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- Commented on one of kiwi's New Zealand travel pages
- Commented on the New Zealand Warnings and Dangers travel guide
- Wrote a Review Canoe Regatta in New Zealand Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to New Zealand
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kakapo - very very rare parrot"
Videos in New ZealandSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues