"Children of India" Personal Page by lynnehamman
I am not naive. I realise that there are millions of children in India,and in the world, who have sad, tragic lives, and will find it hard, even as they grow,to improve their circumstances. They don't all smile.
My dearest wish is that there was some way that one can help more fortunate children, who stamp their feet & demand a new Ipod, understand how lucky they are. And that they will grow up and appreciate what they have Giving a child in India a small present , like a pencil, makes them so happy. I always take along such small everyday things (pencils, crayons, small scribble pads etc) whenever we go to India.
These little presents are always accepted with a shy smile of gratitude, and I know that they will have hours of fun drawing or scribbling. I know that my children did, when they were little.
Every Child in the world deserves a decent life. Its up to us to do our bit.
The photo of this determined little boy captivated me- he is the nephew of a friend, and look at that face!!He will go far.
These are 3 brothers we met in the Churchyard of St Johns church, Calcutta. Their father was the caretaker. They became our "unofficial guides" , showing us around the grounds....the Black Hole memorial, & Job Charnocks Mausoleum. They were articulate, and new a lot about the history of their city.
This beautiful mother & daughter drew my attention......they were sitting on the lawn outside the Entrance to Ellora Caves.
This young girl was part of a troupe of dancers in a village near Udaipur. She had such a great smile.
This group of children (on a school excursion) were fascinated by Richard, who was doing a sketch of the inner courtyard at Ellora Caves. They were all well behaved, polite and we spent ages talking with them. They were from Aurangabad.
A most perfect child..........taken at Ellora Caves
.This sweet child, that we met in Ahmedabad, informed us emphatically in perfect English, that she was going to become a doctor one day. I have no doubt that she will persue her dream.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 411 Reviews
- 1,298 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: 3 weeks in Australia"
- Commented on one of JLBG's Paris tips
- lynnehamman and albaaust are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "My Family and New addition"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Family and New addition"
- Wrote a Review Fast Ferry to Bintan in Pulau Bintan Transportation
- updated a Udaipur Travel Page "My Udaipur"
- Uploaded a Video to World
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 28 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varanasi Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos
- Khasab Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos