"On a walk along the shores of Lake Léman" Lausanne Travelogue by nyperose
Lausanne Travel Guide: 363 reviews and 944 photos
One of my favorite walks around the Lake Léman it this one along the
shores between Pully and Lausanne.
The walk takes about 40 minutes and on your way you can observe all the different birds living here.
Huge groups of swans are living by the lake, and I love to observe them.
This is a very sociable one that eats right out of your hand, even when she is in her nest.
The baby-swans have left their protected world inside the egg, and are out in the big world, ready to travel with their parents all around the lake.
The baby-swans grow very quickly, and about a year later they are as big and white as their parents. The parents raise the babies during a year together, and very often the parents continue to stick together after that.
Unfortunately one of the four eggs went missing. Rats are around and love a nice swan-egg-meal when they manage to catch one:-(
Here they are again! This time in November 2007. They are adolescents now and the whole family is still together.
Isn't it incredible how fast they grow!
In a couple of months, they will become more and more independent from their parents, and be drawn towards Ouchy where huge groups of swans live.
Then the cycle starts all over again.........
By the lake Léman between Pully and Ouchy.
On the way there are benches to sit and relax.
We're now approaching Ouchy. One can stop here for a rest, continue towards the beaches of Bellerive, or take the underground up to the hilly town centre of Lausanne.
More Travelogues (1)
nyperose's Related Pages
Lausanne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lausanne – the City With Many Faces"
- "Lausanne- Medieval Charm"
- "Lausanne, old streets and lake side charms"
- "Lausanne on Lake Geneva"
- "Inferno Festival on a quiet town"
- "Lausanne et moi :)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lausanne
- Hotels in Lausanne
- Transportation in Lausanne
- Nightlife in Lausanne
- Restaurants in Lausanne
- Shopping in Lausanne
- Warnings and Dangers in Lausanne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lausanne
- 2 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lausanne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lausanne
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: Any nice beaches in or around..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lausanne, Ouchy by night"
- Wrote a Review Lausanne, Ouchy by night in Lausanne Nightlife
- updated a Lausanne Travel Page "Lausanne, the capital of Canton de Vaud"
- Commented on one of anne77's Lausanne travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antalya Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sandvika Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Lausanne hotel reviews
- Hotel De L'ours
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2009
- Camping de Vidy
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 31, 2012
- Movenpick Hotel Lausanne
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Residence du Port Lausanne
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Beau Rivage Palace
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Aulac
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hotel Jeunotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- City Hotel
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- CLOSED FOR RENOVATION UNTIL SUMMER 2015 Hotel Royal Savoy
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 24, 2009
- Lausanne Guesthouse
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Hotel Albatros Navigation Lausanne
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2010
- Hotel Elite Lausanne
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Nash Carlton Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013