"My Top 10 Bestest Places to Go To...Ever! (So Far)" Personal Page by ciaobellamici

Mackinac Island, Michigan

OK, so it's only a few hours away...So much the better to enjoy frequently!
The Island has so much to offer - beauty in nature and fun on the streets, solitude and crowds, budget and excess. You choose, it's all there.

Venice

The city is filled with magical nooks and crannys that whisper intrigue and mystery - if you like. Otherwise, it is a fun-filled gathering of people from around the world looking for whatever Venice has to offer them.
My first visit was in college and I was afforded a warm day after weeks of cold in the north. Venice was like a warm blanket; welcoming, soothing and exciting me all at the same time.
Subsequent visits have been with my daughter and I've loved everything about each trip. Each time we set foot on the Square at San Marcos we experience awe and joy at being there. The side trips that follow are educational and delightful. Grazie, Venizia!

Charleston

I have longed to visit Charleston, South Carolina since reading about it in various books many years ago and, more recently, travel sites online. When I finally arrived this past spring, I was astounded at the City's beauty and charm. It has sensuality, style and grace that can almost be touched.

Glendalough, Ireland

We traveled to Ireland in order to visit my daughter's friend who had an internship at the Irish National Stud. Little did we know that there was so much to see in the area around Kildare. Our first night in Dublin was fine for getting over the jet lag and so when we arrived in Glendalough, we were ready to experience rural Ireland. We were met with such beauty that it was hard to imagine a prettier part of the country.

Leelanau County, Michigan

Home, Sweet Home! There are not words enough to describe the beauty of this place. Each day that I get to live here is a gift.

Vernazza - Cinque Terre

A 2002 trip to Italy was begun by flying into Milan and motoring to Levanto where we sang an evening concert and played the rest of the time around the Cinque Terre. The 5 lands need to be seen over repeated visits. While it is not an easy venture to get there, it is well worth the effort.

Boston

Yes, a city! We had so much fun here that it makes the list.

Home, Sweet Home!

Sitting outside on my deck, listening to my little fountain and enjoying the flowers around me is pretty close to Heaven! After 7 months of cold and snow, this is delightful...

• Page Updated May 25, 2009

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!