"My Top 10 Bestest Places to Go To...Ever! (So Far)" Personal Page by ciaobellamici
OK, so it's only a few hours away...So much the better to enjoy frequently!
The Island has so much to offer - beauty in nature and fun on the streets, solitude and crowds, budget and excess. You choose, it's all there.
The city is filled with magical nooks and crannys that whisper intrigue and mystery - if you like. Otherwise, it is a fun-filled gathering of people from around the world looking for whatever Venice has to offer them.
My first visit was in college and I was afforded a warm day after weeks of cold in the north. Venice was like a warm blanket; welcoming, soothing and exciting me all at the same time.
Subsequent visits have been with my daughter and I've loved everything about each trip. Each time we set foot on the Square at San Marcos we experience awe and joy at being there. The side trips that follow are educational and delightful. Grazie, Venizia!
I have longed to visit Charleston, South Carolina since reading about it in various books many years ago and, more recently, travel sites online. When I finally arrived this past spring, I was astounded at the City's beauty and charm. It has sensuality, style and grace that can almost be touched.
We traveled to Ireland in order to visit my daughter's friend who had an internship at the Irish National Stud. Little did we know that there was so much to see in the area around Kildare. Our first night in Dublin was fine for getting over the jet lag and so when we arrived in Glendalough, we were ready to experience rural Ireland. We were met with such beauty that it was hard to imagine a prettier part of the country.
Home, Sweet Home! There are not words enough to describe the beauty of this place. Each day that I get to live here is a gift.
A 2002 trip to Italy was begun by flying into Milan and motoring to Levanto where we sang an evening concert and played the rest of the time around the Cinque Terre. The 5 lands need to be seen over repeated visits. While it is not an easy venture to get there, it is well worth the effort.
Sitting outside on my deck, listening to my little fountain and enjoying the flowers around me is pretty close to Heaven! After 7 months of cold and snow, this is delightful...
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 57 Reviews
- 283 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- ciaobellamici and DPando are now friends.
- Commented on one of DSwede's Italy travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "If I Were to Visit Traverse City..."
- updated a Rochester Travel Page "Mayo and More..."
- Wrote a Review A Sweet Spot... in Rochester Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "What a Wonderful World!"
- Posted in Travel Cairo Forum "Re: Nightlife and sights"
PhotosSee All Photos (283)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Trieste Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- County Kildare Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Charleston Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Glen Arbor Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Ridgefield Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos