"My Top 10 Bestest Places to Go To...Ever! (So Far)" Personal Page by ciaobellamici
OK, so it's only a few hours away...So much the better to enjoy frequently!
The Island has so much to offer - beauty in nature and fun on the streets, solitude and crowds, budget and excess. You choose, it's all there.
The city is filled with magical nooks and crannys that whisper intrigue and mystery - if you like. Otherwise, it is a fun-filled gathering of people from around the world looking for whatever Venice has to offer them.
My first visit was in college and I was afforded a warm day after weeks of cold in the north. Venice was like a warm blanket; welcoming, soothing and exciting me all at the same time.
Subsequent visits have been with my daughter and I've loved everything about each trip. Each time we set foot on the Square at San Marcos we experience awe and joy at being there. The side trips that follow are educational and delightful. Grazie, Venizia!
I have longed to visit Charleston, South Carolina since reading about it in various books many years ago and, more recently, travel sites online. When I finally arrived this past spring, I was astounded at the City's beauty and charm. It has sensuality, style and grace that can almost be touched.
We traveled to Ireland in order to visit my daughter's friend who had an internship at the Irish National Stud. Little did we know that there was so much to see in the area around Kildare. Our first night in Dublin was fine for getting over the jet lag and so when we arrived in Glendalough, we were ready to experience rural Ireland. We were met with such beauty that it was hard to imagine a prettier part of the country.
Home, Sweet Home! There are not words enough to describe the beauty of this place. Each day that I get to live here is a gift.
A 2002 trip to Italy was begun by flying into Milan and motoring to Levanto where we sang an evening concert and played the rest of the time around the Cinque Terre. The 5 lands need to be seen over repeated visits. While it is not an easy venture to get there, it is well worth the effort.
Sitting outside on my deck, listening to my little fountain and enjoying the flowers around me is pretty close to Heaven! After 7 months of cold and snow, this is delightful...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 57 Reviews
- 283 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- ciaobellamici and DPando are now friends.
- Commented on one of DSwede's Italy travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "If I Were to Visit Traverse City..."
- updated a Rochester Travel Page "Mayo and More..."
- Wrote a Review A Sweet Spot... in Rochester Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "What a Wonderful World!"
- Posted in Travel Cairo Forum "Re: Nightlife and sights"
PhotosSee All Photos (283)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Trieste Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- County Kildare Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Charleston Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Glen Arbor Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Ridgefield Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos